Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ct

If you live around Norwalk there a several good choices. Otherwise, for the rest of CT it really is not very good hockey. If outside the Gold coast I would focus on finding the best coach. Town or Club really doesn't factor in. Same level.

Wolfpack is Tier 1. They have teams from 07 they 11. Some teams will be independent schedule and not in a league like EJ. No idea which teams or which leagues. Reach out to the rink if interested.

This has been a great program for us. Been there for a few seasons and it IS about development. Yeah yeah they all say that and I want buying it after 2 jaded experiences but this is it, for us. Definitely worth exploring if you're local enough to consider.

It's all about your geography and compete level here. Lots of options in WCT and Central, but nothing but ECHO and Seahawks in ECT

anon
Wolfpack is Tier 1. They have teams from 07 they 11. Some teams will be independent schedule and not in a league like EJ. No idea which teams or which leagues. Reach out to the rink if interested.

This has been a great program for us. Been there for a few seasons and it IS about development. Yeah yeah they all say that and I want buying it after 2 jaded experiences but this is it, for us. Definitely worth exploring if you're local enough to consider.

It's all about your geography and compete level here. Lots of options in WCT and Central, but nothing but ECHO and Seahawks in ECT
Do the wolfpack have an 07 team? Their website doesn’t have much information.

Yes, Jr. Wolfpack has an 07 Boys team.

For the best club coaching at the youth level in CT, I’d rank them:

1. Mid Fairfield
2. Junior Wolfpack
3. Junior Whalers
4. Junior Rangers
5. Massconn United

There are some very good town team coaches as well, but that’s harder to qualify since it varies more year to year.

anon
For the best club coaching at the youth level in CT, I’d rank them:

1. Mid Fairfield
2. Junior Wolfpack
3. Junior Whalers
4. Junior Rangers
5. Massconn United

There are some very good town team coaches as well, but that’s harder to qualify since it varies more year to year.
Best value is Chiefs. Year in and year out your kids will get better. All about who is coaching and Chiefs have most qualified guys. Org will pay a little extra to make sure your kid gets best experience. Frankly, would send my kid anywhere else.

If you are looking for a team for this upcoming season, sit down with some Google because many Conn teams already had tryouts.

Any NY recommendations close to CT. CJR will take more but they have two teams

Anonymous
Any NY recommendations close to CT. CJR will take more but they have two teams
CJR will take as many as are willing to pay - they'll make three teams if there's demand. As for NY near the border, there's Westchester Express/Bulldogs, Westchester Vipers, Cyclones or North Park in the city, Aviators by JFK. Much better options in CT.

Anon
Who are the better programs in ct? Coach wise Don’t care about win loss wise. Coming from LI
what birth year are you?

Anonymous
Dang, that level is good everywhere. Good luck, a lot of options. Ideally I would look for a program that is looking to develop the individual player not just the team or a specific position. Take this advice, a great versatile player is worth way more at U14-16 then a kid who only plays forward or defense since he was 10.

What region of CT?

Boys?
Girls?
Coed?