The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: When is the best time to buy new equipment for next season?

Depends on the age and level of play. There are some excellent consignment stores to get clean second hand equipment for a young player, especially goalie. If your kid is about to hit a growth spurt, 10-12 years old, I would wait to buy equipment closer to season , unless he plays in the summer. For new equipment we prefer pure hockey with multiple locations, but the hockey / goalie monkey superstore also has a huge selection.

SidelineSwap, Ebay, Craigslist. Plenty of time to find good deals. No need to rush. Off season best time to haggle.

Anon
I need to change my son equipment for next season. When is the best? now or waiting more and just before next season

anystore to recommnend for each skaters and goalies? Thanks
Holy ****t bud you serious? Buy new ****t when your kids ****t doesn’t fit. Loser

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the sound of a guy who wants to be cool, smart, and funny, but isn't.

It is a legit question. I am a hockey guy, I played. My kids are in the same boat as the OP. Getting opinions on these things is exactly what a dboard is for. I am torn between new gear now to skate in this summer and risking a growth spurt, or wait for season and deal with the break in period in September. God forbid someone ask an opinion based question.

As for where to buy gear, please support local. You can save ten bucks on hockey monkey, but good luck going there to have them work on gear, give advice or discuss anything besides price. Zwickers in Bedford and Sports etc in Arlington are both great, family owned, and supportive of their respective communities.

anon
This, ladies and gentlemen, is the sound of a guy who wants to be cool, smart, and funny, but isn't.

It is a legit question. I am a hockey guy, I played. My kids are in the same boat as the OP. Getting opinions on these things is exactly what a dboard is for. I am torn between new gear now to skate in this summer and risking a growth spurt, or wait for season and deal with the break in period in September. God forbid someone ask an opinion based question.

As for where to buy gear, please support local. You can save ten bucks on hockey monkey, but good luck going there to have them work on gear, give advice or discuss anything besides price. Zwickers in Bedford and Sports etc in Arlington are both great, family owned, and supportive of their respective communities.

You are an idiot. DBoard is not for this stuff.

anon

I always waited to August because my kids grow so fast plus new gear was hitting stores so last season models were marked down and they used their preseason camps late August for break-in. With my youngest, I've noticed that with Bauer no longer stuffing the stockrooms of stores, their isn't much in the way of last years models so I have had to pony up for current but we still wait to August.

When its on sale or clearance. Don't ever pay full price for anything. Sticks and skates especially.

so we can see someone buys their kid s150 gear from dicks sporting goods