Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NH County Tourney

Anon
Anon
So get this straight folks. Both the squirt and peewee winners from this past weekends Granite County Cup (AKA JUST COME AND PLAY CUP) needed illegal players to win? Peewees bring in a goalie for last couple games and the squirts had a team with all illegal players because the tourney couldn\'t get teams to play haha. It\'s no wonder why this tournament has gone down hill over the years. Nobody trust the rules because the rules don\'t apply. Great premise but poorly run at every level. But the bar was open so if your going next weekend to the bantams or mites you\'ll at least be able to self medicate.
I get it. The rules are the rules but dont be mad at a team be mad at the tourney. If the winning team from squirts didnt participate my kids 2nd place team would have won all their games by scores of around 15 - 0. We are happy we got to play some good games. As for the PeeWee's their goalie got knocked out mid games and they dressed a skater in his pads for remainder of game then brought in a real goalie for sunday.
Exactly. Peewee goalie was taken off ice mid game Saturday and was taken to the hospital and couldn't play for the rest of the weekend so they brought in a replacement on short notice. And TBH, the replacement goalie didn't matter, the team in front of him was dominant on Sunday from the puck drop of game 1 to the final buzzer in the final. Probably gave up 15 total shots in the 2 games and had at least 60 on the opposing team.

If you're going to complain it would help to ACTUALLY know the rules of the tournament. The roster must include players who live in or play for a team in the county. In the case of the PW winner the goalie got a concussion and had to leave the game. The kid went to the hospital as a precaution and is out for the foreseeable future. If you could see past your watery eyes the team played with 6 skaters for almost 5 minutes scoring 4 goals with their own net empty. The coach took the goalies pads and put them on a forward to finish the game even putting the kid out mid shift (personally I love the goalie change on the fly). The goalie who filled in on Sunday plays for the same organization...in the same county. The rules weren't broken your team just sucked and got their ass kicked by a team who was beating teams without their goalie in the net.

The squirt team that won was all bs players who don’t live or play for the counties they represented. The 2nd place team had 2010 players. Like a previous reply stated it’s the tournaments fault for not doing their part of making them play by the rules. The tournament has turned into a joke and the Spartans organization should be ashamed.

Anon
The squirt team that won was all bs players who don’t live or play for the counties they represented. The 2nd place team had 2010 players. Like a previous reply stated it’s the tournaments fault for not doing their part of making them play by the rules. The tournament has turned into a joke and the Spartans organization should be ashamed.
Nope. My team did not have a 2010 player. 100% by the rules. Also 100% thankful for the winning team showing up to complete the tournament to give us a couple of good games and my parents all agree.