The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jr Bruins girls

how do parents fall for this sh*t? down in Nashville with two 08 teams and two 09 teams, A team and a B team.... The A teams are going 1-3. Paying $500 per kid plus merch, being coached by parents on the team. What a waste

Re: Jr Bruins girls

They will never learn. Just like some teams who ran to Pittsburgh to think they would b able to compete. STOP

Ummmm. Maybe. Just maybe. It's about the kids having fun. Playing in a tournament in a new city with their friends. They will remember that, not wins and losses. That's for hardo parents.

ANON:
Ummmm. Maybe. Just maybe. It's about the kids having fun. Playing in a tournament in a new city with their friends. They will remember that, not wins and losses. That's for hardo parents.
Exactly! If a parent wants to spend their money on a hockey trip to Nashville who gives a $h!t. It seems like the people who care the most about this are the ones who can't afford it but look down on the "level of play" bc someone else chooses to spend their money on their kids.

Oh for sure... I just dont understand the fascination with pay 3x the regular rate to play for junior bruins when they're in their second year and dont offer anything unique. That's what I meant by suckers

anon
Oh for sure... I just dont understand the fascination with pay 3x the regular rate to play for junior bruins when they're in their second year and dont offer anything unique. That's what I meant by suckers
Sorry you think $1k is a lot of money. Better stick to town sports.

Let them play who cares.

They suck and couldnt compete with a tier 2 midpack team anywhere else in the country. If parents want to pound their chest and burn their money. Go for it

Looking at Facebook, 09 top team rolled everyone.

Ummmm
Looking at Facebook, 09 top team rolled everyone.
I was down there with my daughter’s team. They could roll most of the boys spring/summer teams that are put out there. Fact. My 09 boy played in that abomination of a Tropical Meltdown. They would’ve smoked everyone except the BHC team. That would’ve been a good game. But the other 5 teams in that division. Wouldn’t have been close. They either couldn’t skate or couldn’t score. My boy was a bender on one of the other 5 teams btw. He can’t skate.

anon
...The A teams are going 1-3...

Yep, much better to seek out weak teams and tournaments to feed the 'we are the greatest' attitude.