Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: To all the parents with FOMO

Haha, ok Fauci loving liberal helicopter mom. Go put a bandaid on your little benders toe boo boo. Your sons balls will never drop in high school. Off to band camp you go. Now go make your hubby a sammich.

CapeCod
Last year mite minor my kid team was skating 3-4 times a week all year. Thats why we were elite and the rest of you fools kids were playing lower level. So suck it.
I bet you all those kids will dominate when they are 16-18 lol

Anon
Use this guide if you want healthy strong well rounded athletes that play through 18. Rinks in the US should have stuff like this posted.

U21: 10+ months of hockey for these serious hockey players is a must. Training should be very specific to hockey but becoming a better athlete is still the main concern. Diet, rest, mental and physical health are critical. These athletes should be under a trainer and health care professionals watch.

U18: 10-11 months of hockey. Consistent off ice strength training programs geared towards athletic strength should be done year round with ample rest being considered between sessions. Major attention to individual diet. A 2nd sport should be taken seriously.

U15: 9-10 months of hockey. Strength training can begin but proper technique should be the focus. Considerable amount of time should be spent with ones own body weight vs artificial weight. Athletes at this age should start to be aware of their own food choices, be able to identify healthy food choices and understand the importance of when and how to rest and recover. A 2nd or 3rd sport should be played as often as time will allow but down time should not be an afterthought.

U13: 8-10 months of hockey. Creating a well rounded athlete should be the main focus. Off ice workouts should be short and designed to enhance body control, agility, reaction time. Coordination should be coming along for most but an array of coordination level should be expected. This group of athletes should be educated on diet, rest and recovery. Other sports should be mandatory and given plenty of attention to refine motor skills.

U11: 6-8 months of hockey. The game should resemble a fine balance of fun, learning and competitive play. Attention to agility, balance and coordination during 1-2 off ice workouts should be done throughout the hockey season. Other sports should be as important as hockey and be focused on equally. This age group will not see long term benefits from over focusing on one sport. Athletes in this group should be educated on hydration and healthy calorie intake.

U9: 6-7 months of hockey. The game should be fun and competitive. Mindset of these young athletes should be positive and lively towards all sports. Developing relationships within all sports is critical at this stage. Other sports should be as important as hockey and focused on equally. This age group will not see long term benefits from over focusing on one sport.

U7: 4-6 months of hockey. The game should be fun. These players should be under a coaches watch but free play needs to be encouraged. It would be greatly detrimental for this age group to be on the ice for more than 6 months of a year. All sports should be considered at this age.
Amazing what saying a little common sense will do to clown hockey parents hahaha

Most retarded thing I have read all day but it gave me a laugh.

Are you trying to hand junior a recipe for mediocrity? Keep this stuff up and you aren't going to be worried about him playing high school hockey, you are going to be worried about him down P-Town during Bear week getting absolutely hollowed out by a 6'6" German who has the squat record at the Taunton Planet Fitness.

PB Falcon

Are you trying to hand junior a recipe for mediocrity? Keep this stuff up and you aren't going to be worried about him playing high school hockey, you are going to be worried about him down P-Town during Bear week getting absolutely hollowed out by a 6'6" German who has the squat record at the Taunton Planet Fitness.
😂😂😂

PB Falcon

Oh poor boy pb falcon :( You must be my type. So manly. You must be that dad wearing the Bauer jacket who has his kid all over the spring and summer circuit. Full head of steam son! You are a loser.

Anon
PB Falcon

Are you trying to hand junior a recipe for mediocrity? Keep this stuff up and you aren\\\'t going to be worried about him playing high school hockey, you are going to be worried about him down P-Town during Bear week getting absolutely hollowed out by a 6\\\'6\\\" German who has the squat record at the Taunton Planet Fitness.
Oh poor boy pb falcon :( You must be my type. So manly. You must be that dad wearing the Bauer jacket who has his kid all over the spring and summer circuit. Full head of steam son! You are a loser.
Gunther is gonna get ahold of your boy and twist him up like a pretzel all because you didn’t want to drop $300 on Sunday night skills. I’m talking serious emotional damage. No HMO can heal these wounds. You need to parent better with your Dr. Phil how to hockey list.