email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Platinum Parity

Anon
How many teams from last seasons platinum division got knocked out this past weekend? The season standings are down so it is hard to quickly tell from the schedule. Any major surprises or the same collection of teams again this year?
2010 Flames almost got knocked out. Lucky to have an alternate or two playing in parity to keep them in it.

Saw there schedule, looked fair. Providence upset?

"their" schedule. How does a team trying to jump 2 divisions from lower gold to platinum draw 2 teams that weren't in platinum last year?

anon
"their" schedule. How does a team trying to jump 2 divisions from lower gold to platinum draw 2 teams that weren't in platinum last year?
Because there were 6 teams (roughly 1/3) who weren’t in platinum last year

Looks like those teams who weren't in 2011 Platinum last year must have done well enough against those that were. And why PHC thinks that they have 3 teams that can (or should) compete in one division is ridiculous...

I can tell you’re not educated. So here goes.. JUMP 2 divisions? Shouldn’t have been in lower to begin with. Covid/no parity. Be better. Stop hating on children.

Anon
How many teams from last seasons platinum division got knocked out this past weekend? The season standings are down so it is hard to quickly tell from the schedule. Any major surprises or the same collection of teams again this year?
The Manchester Flames and Bulldogs got knocked out platinum after 3-4 year run in that division.

It appears the EHF algorithm is not working properly for the win % as it fails to compute a tie game. Am I missing something with this?

A record of 2-1-1 is being logged as .500 when in fact it is .625. This would change the rankings in most divisions.

The +/- is factored into the % which is then how they rank the teams.

Anon
The +/- is factored into the % which is then how they rank the teams.
Exactly how do you factor a +/- into a %? Is this part of the “new” math the kid are learning?

I think the poster was messing with you.

Original Abc
It appears the EHF algorithm is not working properly for the win % as it fails to compute a tie game. Am I missing something with this?

A record of 2-1-1 is being logged as .500 when in fact it is .625. This would change the rankings in most divisions.
Yes, you’re missing the fact that they don’t care as long as your card isn’t declined every month. They are just lazy and don’t take the extra step needed to do it properly because it doesn’t matter to them other than the $$$.

We didn't play them but they were the talk this weekend for 2011's...what I saw looks like they can compete with some great players and solid bench. Just saying it wasn't expected.

Anon
We didn't play them but they were the talk this weekend for 2011's...what I saw looks like they can compete with some great players and solid bench. Just saying it wasn't expected.
They had great players and a solid bench hahahhaaha.

Just checked schedules. Looks to me that they actually had one of the tougher schedules with exception of Monarchs. Terriers schedule looked like much more of a joke. Easy 4-0.

Anon
Just checked schedules. Looks to me that they actually had one of the tougher schedules with exception of Monarchs. Terriers schedule looked like much more of a joke. Easy 4-0.
Sure did. And class.. unlike well ummmm..

I’m sorry you’re losing your mind over this. deep breaths

Boch Blazers will be bottom of barrel at Plat. they belong in the upper gold where they would be 3rd or 4th best team.

anonm
Boch Blazers will be bottom of barrel at Plat. they belong in the upper gold where they would be 3rd or 4th best team.
Sounds like the blazers have been haunting your dreams. Better luck next year.

Great matchups. Very even, competitive teams. Shame some people lose sleep over 10 year old hockey. Jealousy.. the sincerest form of flattery.

Maybe the Boch win against PHC was a fluke, but it's not like they tied SSK and BJE 0-0. Seems like some Dad's in the team gear are upset that an org like Boch might actually have more talent than them...uh oh.

anonm
And what if your wrong? Why do they bother you so much?

Its the Boch name. Sold him a lemon.

anon
or denied him financing

so let me get this straight, isn't Platinum a level below Elite? If so, it's town hockey people, nothing more, nothing less.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

All this squirt hockey chatter is adorable. Little dusters taking their first strides in their journey to the Show.

Agreed. The kids are just starting to grow some fuzz. Big changes by U14. Enjoy the ride. At least half won’t be playing in 5 years.

Homeslice
Mom, it's all Town Hockey, you'll see once they are in high school :smile:

Anon
Homeslice
Mom, it's all Town Hockey, you'll see once they are in high school :smile:
As long as the town isn’t RI. You should try getting a hobby besides blowing veins in your special head over youth hockey.

Anon
so let me get this straight, isn\\\'t Platinum a level below Elite? If so, it\\\'s town hockey people, nothing more, nothing less.
Isn’t your meatloaf ready? Take this energy and help your mom cook tonight. Clean the basement where you sleep too.

Anon
so let me get this straight, isn't Platinum a level below Elite? If so, it's town hockey people, nothing more, nothing less.
Haha. We were a very average platinum team last season. Played against 3 town teams that were supposed to be very good “A” MA town teams. Outscored them 32-3 and caught hell by two of the coaches for “running it up”.

anon
anon
or denied him financing
Tried to stick me with the cost of the TruCoat I never asked for. I hope the little b*stards lose every game.

08's are painful to watch. Wish my kid played B Ball.

Any team flags?

My kids team made platinum. Some thoroughbred moms walking around this weekend. Not gonna lie, I was looking to seeing all the single mom hairdressers at the gold parity but I’ll take the W.