email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Platinum and gold

Anon
And everyone knows the difference between the Elite and Platinum teams are 1-2 players who have real talent and the rest of the team is just riding their coat tails. Keep putting the pressure on your kid to try to keep up with that kid and causing your kid to hate you and the game. But hey, keep the Elite name and selling yourself the dream. The rest of us are totally fine not being Elite, working on development and waiting for your kid to get cut when it actually matters.
LMAO. UMMMM, NO.

It’s more like 15 out of 16 elite team kids who are better than the platinum kids. But you keep telling yourself it’s 2-3

Anon
It’s more like 15 out of 16 elite team kids who are better than the platinum kids. But you keep telling yourself it’s 2-3
My kid's platinum team scrimmaged against their elite team last year and got thrashed. I did make a few observations though

1. There were 2-3 kids on the elite team that really stood out.
2. The top 3-4 platinum kids did not look all that different from the rest of the elite team and are probably interchangeable.
3. The biggest difference was the depth of the teams. The elite team didn't have any weak players, whereas the platinum team's 2nd and 3rd lines were completely mismatched and gave up all but 1 of the goals.

Cool story.

Sorry, but the difference between elite and platinum is exponential in terms of pace, hockey IQ, skating skill, and overall game play. Judging them against a metal-level team in a scrimmage is just apples/oranges fallacy. Go watch a practice, game, or tournament…you’re selling the elite teams and their players short to fit your argument and it’s nowhere near as close as you’ve described.

Anon
Cool story.

Sorry, but the difference between elite and platinum is exponential in terms of pace, hockey IQ, skating skill, and overall game play. Judging them against a metal-level team in a scrimmage is just apples/oranges fallacy. Go watch a practice, game, or tournament…you’re selling the elite teams and their players short to fit your argument and it’s nowhere near as close as you’ve described.
Cool story? Fit my argument?

Chill dude. The top players from my kid's platinum team last year moved on to elite team this year so I'm not going out on a limb when I say that some of these kids are interchangeable. And I never described the teams as close. In fact I said the platinum team got destroyed. I'm just saying the top line, which is no longer with us, held its own but the lack of depth turned it into a rout.

Anon
And everyone knows the difference between the Elite and Platinum teams are 1-2 players who have real talent and the rest of the team is just riding their coat tails. Keep putting the pressure on your kid to try to keep up with that kid and causing your kid to hate you and the game. But hey, keep the Elite name and selling yourself the dream. The rest of us are totally fine not being Elite, working on development and waiting for your kid to get cut when it actually matters.
Elite (not just teams stuck there aka Bandits/SSK) is a huge step up from platinum. Platinum>UG>LG>S are all just 2-3 players making the difference.

A$$ and tittys

^^^ True ^^^