Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EHF question

Usually they are semi-private groups of 2 or more. In some cases teams will make exceptions for top of the age group goalies so they can do privates.

TR
Anyone know of orgs that include private or semi private goalie training as part of tuition?
TG has semi private goalie training outside of team practices

depends on the org, some do weekly, some do bi-weekly, some none. Islanders through Bantam are semi private weekly. certainly want to ask that question before signing a contract

Boch has weekly goalie skills with a small group combining teams together

Anon
Boch has weekly goalie skills with a small group combining teams together
I wonder if my team will have goalie practices as extra group. I need to change team due to no goalie practice, or try to have private lesson.

Bandits have goalie training weekly at skills and team practice. Goalie coaches are on the ice two times each week with bendy tendies.

Top Gun moved its goaltending instruction in-house last year. It's is once a week with the entire organization split across two sheets of ice. I haven't heard any positive reviews from parents. It's such a waste of time that most now pay out of pocket for someone else to provide this training.
Probably shouldn't be surprised as Top Gun also got rid of professionally led skills for the skaters a few years ago.

TG
Top Gun moved its goaltending instruction in-house last year. It's is once a week with the entire organization split across two sheets of ice. I haven't heard any positive reviews from parents. It's such a waste of time that most now pay out of pocket for someone else to provide this training.
Probably shouldn't be surprised as Top Gun also got rid of professionally led skills for the skaters a few years ago.
Haha ok bud. I have a goalie in the program and he loved JB and AH. The other goalie on his team loved them too.

Ive had my kids in TG for the last 7 years. When did they have professionally led skills? They used to have the Director do 50 skills session mid week but they switched to 90 minute practices and axed the skills a couple years ago which I think all the parents are more than thrilled with.

anon
TG
Top Gun moved its goaltending instruction in-house last year. It\'s is once a week with the entire organization split across two sheets of ice. I haven\'t heard any positive reviews from parents. It\'s such a waste of time that most now pay out of pocket for someone else to provide this training.
Probably shouldn\'t be surprised as Top Gun also got rid of professionally led skills for the skaters a few years ago.
Haha ok bud. I have a goalie in the program and he loved JB and AH. The other goalie on his team loved them too.

Ive had my kids in TG for the last 7 years. When did they have professionally led skills? They used to have the Director do 50 skills session mid week but they switched to 90 minute practices and axed the skills a couple years ago which I think all the parents are more than thrilled with.

Agree with above. JB is great. Old school approach. My kid did almost all of the Sundays they offered and had JB actually watch his game and give feedback.

Rats do goalie training for 6hrs a week.

How about other teams? flames, eagle, IHC, PHC, terriors and all.

Eagles are so good that you don't have to be a very good goalie. Just make sure Daddy is with the in group.

Jeff Cox
Rats do goalie training for 6hrs a week.
😮