email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: USA hockey needs a new board

Read them all here:

https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachments/document/15b4-2462218/2021-25_USA_Hockey_Playing_Rule_Change_Summary.pdf#_ga=2.204030361.860669936.1624456588-501466505.1619029389

Some of these are ridiculous.

I dont know most are reasonable, except why would you need 4 officials for a youth game unless your trying to have it cost more? Cripes years back it was always just 2 and things were fine. These are just kids.

"Allows 4-Official system to be used at the 14 & Under age classification"

anon
I dont know most are reasonable, except why would you need 4 officials for a youth game unless your trying to have it cost more? Cripes years back it was always just 2 and things were fine. These are just kids.

"Allows 4-Official system to be used at the 14 & Under age classification"
I believe this is aimed at District Tournaments leading to Nationals and Nationals. The 3 official (ref and 2 linespersons) system was mandated for Quarterfinals and Above at districts and at all Nationals. USA has consistently refused to authorize the 2 ref and 1 line for any age level. 1 ref means to much gets missed. Thus the 4 officials now at this age level.

Good luck to all the Youth kids at formerly called Midget age levels playing immediate offsides. HS isn't the Midget ages.

Anon
anon

\"Allows 4-Official system to be used at the 14 & Under age classification\"
I believe this is aimed at District Tournaments leading to Nationals and Nationals. The 3 official (ref and 2 linespersons) system was mandated for Quarterfinals and Above at districts and at all Nationals. USA has consistently refused to authorize the 2 ref and 1 line for any age level. 1 ref means to much gets missed. Thus the 4 officials now at this age level.

Good luck to all the Youth kids at formerly called Midget age levels playing immediate offsides. HS isn't the Midget ages.
Just going to slow the game down. Great job USA Hockey.

Can anyone explain the elimination of delayed offsides at U14?

To train the player to regroup and make a play instead of just dumping it in.

I love that these guys sat down and decided "You know what, lets change how hockey is played"

Regroups and dump ins are both used at the highest levels. Kids need to learn when one is the right play vs the other. By taking away one option you are actually grooming less creative players. Tag up should be allowed from day 1.