email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Reality

Bob is right on target.

Enjoy the ride while young. Hockey gets serious after Bantam.

HUGE gap between USHL caliber player and town high school hockey.

Anyone that looks at a Squirt or Peewee player and says they’re going to play D1 or better is going to be wrong 99% of the time.

And if the parents are both under 5’9” you can make that 99.99%.

The Hard Truth
Bob is right on target.

Anyone that looks at a Squirt or Peewee player and says they’re going to play D1 or better is going to be wrong 99% of the time.

Agree with most of that, except it seems like more and more <6' players are getting drafted these days, even at the blue line

anon
The Hard Truth
Bob is right on target.

Agree with most of that, except it seems like more and more <6' players are getting drafted these days, even at the blue line
Yes except that unless your name is Cole Caufield, none of those drafted players are going anywhere.

Bob
Whenever I need a good laugh, or want to feel better about myself I go on the kiddie board. You guys are cute with your EHF/E9 and what tourney little Johnny is invited to this weekend banter. I've got news for you, the 9 year old kid that everyone thought was a stud will likely be the third liner on some overpriced full season team. Wake up, nothing matters till after 16 years old. Enjoy the ride it goes quick, but please stop walking around the rink like you own the place. Before you comment "sorry your kid got cut", I have one kid in the USHL, one happy to play high school, and the third in the EHF. It comes down to the kid how much they want it period.
Your my hero :laughing:

Wanna play for the Rats?

Personally I’m happy Bob spends all day dreaming up these fantasies

"Dr. Marvin guess what? I sail. I'm sailing. I'm a sailor. Isn't this a breakthrough, that I'm a sailor? I sail? I sail now? AHOY!"

“I guess I’m a little weird. I like to talk to trees and animals. That’s okay though; I have more fun than most people.”
― Bob Ross

I had an 00' and a 98' . Youth hockey is different from every other sport. Our kids are cool because of the dedication and endless hours we put into them playing. Our 7-8-9 year old kids are allowed to say "you suck", fuc*ing this or that on the ice, our coaches can lose their **** on the bench in front of the kids, scream at officials and we think it's awesome because if that happened in soccer, NBC would be covering it. The hardest part is that the politics are insane.
If Jr is a stud, he's a stud, but if he's just above average, there's a good chance he's competing with other kids similar to him, but at the mercy of the coaches decisions, it's usually tough to rock the boat and break into a team. Thus, the dboard. I had a blast on here, I'm glad things haven't changed, it's fun. I learned lessons, you will learn lessons, and hopefully feel like I do in 10 years. Happy blasting anyways !!

well said' 100% true