The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: now who do you like in the 08 mini chowder?

and guess what? BHC teams played. the assabet/top gun and vjw team lost 5-0 as predicted in a one period game

Anyone from that horrendous bracket should not have been allowed to play anyone else from the real brackets

could not agree more. 100% correct.

We played in one of the other brackets and had a bunch of great games, met some nice people and it was fun to watch. All in all it was a good summer hockey experience. My money is on any of the teams that were able to pull strong kids from all over to make up an all star team for this tournament. But I got to hand it to the SSKs, PHCs, and a few others who basically brought their full season teams and battled in close games vs. the all stars.

Anon
Anyone from that horrendous bracket should not have been allowed to play anyone else from the real brackets
None of the brackets outside of the top 3 should've had playoff teams.

I agree. the best and the worst go to playoffs. kind of stupid. I agree on phc and ssk teams playing only their own kids. they got to work together pre season. smart. my son was on a team with a bunch of kids from everywhere. it was fine but I like the bonding aspect of playing almost the full regular team roster.

How did coaches choice put a good 07 team together and their 08 team was a disaster my kid couldn’t wait for the game to end wasn’t fun beating up on those kids

anon
so BHC (the lower team from BHC) was supposed to play against BHC (the better one) but they squawked that it was not right for them to play against their "own team" but bet they won't pull that if they get to the finals. Their argument probably was that they should be playing the #2 team from the other bracket not #1 team. They were in the absolute worst bracket originally with town and select teams. The BHC bench is assabet parents with their own players being the worst on that team. There are good top gun kids on that team and valley junior warriors. I saw that they beat the SSK team 1-0 but they should have been out playing BHC #1 team. Ridiculous bunch of cry babies in a summer tournament. If they make it past their next game and play BHC #1 team it will prob be 5-0.
BHC had nothing to do with the change. The original playoff schedule had the following for the quarter finals:

1A v 3A
2A v 4
1B v 5
2B v 3B

The problem was 2B should not play 3B an 1A should not play 2A. Instead they correctly flipped those games so 1A v 3B and 2A v 3B. Not too hard to figure that one out.

you are correct but the insecure small dick dad assabet coaches cried about it instead of just sucking it up. And the truth of the matter is that they shouldn't have gotten to playoffs at all after playing the select and town teams.

anon
you are correct but the insecure small dick dad assabet coaches cried about it instead of just sucking it up. And the truth of the matter is that they shouldn't have gotten to playoffs at all after playing the select and town teams.
Every single one of your posts reeks of insecurity but don’t let that stop you

Anon
That was the biggest load of bs from a bunch of insecure losers
Nailed it.

When did Stamford become a suburb of Boston?

BHC 08 in a breeze, real finals may have been our 5-4 win over Northstars last night and they didnt even make the playoffs. Not a well thought out playoffs when most of the top loaded teams were in 3 brackets but 2nd tier teams make playoffs?

No accident those teams in the top 3 brackets had a lot of eyes watching, as it was exceptional youth hockey.

Congrats BHC!

yeeeeeep. agree. ridiculous way of running playoffs. congrats to the BHC kids. they did deserve to win the tournament

Northstars did not have a shot with that roster

Anon
Northstars did not have a shot with that roster
Lot of Whalers and west coast kids. Big kid from Minn. looked like a real deal.

The kids on whalers don’t shine. Bhc is hand picked. Bunch of friends. They sleep in each other’s house. Everyone knows their deal. Daddy coach. 4 MFF. Couple other MFF on other lowwwwww level teams. They were outshined by a lot. Too many 09s they can play next year. Rushing everything. Nonsense all games were recorded. There was one mom there this weekend that omg can September come any quicker.

Anon
BHC 08 in a breeze, real finals may have been our 5-4 win over Northstars last night and they didnt even make the playoffs. Not a well thought out playoffs when most of the top loaded teams were in 3 brackets but 2nd tier teams make playoffs?

No accident those teams in the top 3 brackets had a lot of eyes watching, as it was exceptional youth hockey.

Congrats BHC!
If you were in the top 3 brackets and you did not move on then you did not deserve to be there. Pretty simple you just needed to finish in the top 2 of each bracket. If you could not do that then you don’t deserve to move on. Stop bitc&@&@ and put a better team together.

My son’s team DID move on from a top bracket. I was “bitching” about the bhc switching who they played and I was “bitching” about TWO teams from the ridiculous bracket making playoffs at all. Usually tournaments have an elite bracket and a select bracket. When you pay money for a tournament, you don’t expect that the final games will have 5-0 scores in 20+ mins.

Anon
My son’s team DID move on from a top bracket. I was “bitching” about the bhc switching who they played and I was “bitching” about TWO teams from the ridiculous bracket making playoffs at all. Usually tournaments have an elite bracket and a select bracket. When you pay money for a tournament, you don’t expect that the final games will have 5-0 scores in 20+ mins.
Wait I thought I saw a couple of elite bracket head to head games with same type of scores in the playoffs

Anon
Sorry your bender’s team got run over by BHC earlier than you had hoped

They got run over by the #1 BHC team at the exact same time for my son’s team, but the bs with the assabet crying coaches was ridiculous in summer hockey. Incredible that they entered their kids in the town/select bracket and then demanded to play the #2 team instead of the #1 team (the real BHC team). The assabet dad coaches need to get a reality check on their kids’ abilities. They wound up playing BCH #2 team in the next round anyway and got slammed 5-0
in a 1 period game.

How does the mvp go to a kid who scored 1 goal?

Asked by the moron that knows nothing about the game... Couple of concepts to bring you up to speed, so try and pay attention:

1- 200 ft. player,
2- face offs
3- d-zone coverage; and
4- assists
True elite centers don't "score a lot of goals" because they're too busy worrying about their job.

Mites are over Mom, big boy hockey here we come!

Anon
Asked by the moron that knows nothing about the game... Couple of concepts to bring you up to speed, so try and pay attention:

1- 200 ft. player,
2- face offs
3- d-zone coverage; and
4- assists
True elite centers don't "score a lot of goals" because they're too busy worrying about their job.

Mites are over Mom, big boy hockey here we come!
Both are dumb comments.

Anon
They got run over by the #1 BHC team at the exact same time for my son’s team, but the bs with the assabet crying coaches was ridiculous in summer hockey. Incredible that they entered their kids in the town/select bracket and then demanded to play the #2 team instead of the #1 team (the real BHC team). The assabet dad coaches need to get a reality check on their kids’ abilities. They wound up playing BCH #2 team in the next round anyway and got slammed 5-0
in a 1 period game.
Those Assabet kids beat the South Shore Kings. E9 far better than EHF moron. Development rules

Lol, moron. The “assabet” kids had 7 top gun kids from the EHF and the 2 best valley junior warrior kids. Long Island warriors, valley forge and a goalie from ct huskies. There were only 4 from assabet. One was good and the other 3 were the weakest on that team. Have the full assabet team play the worst EHF team and see what happens. That team beat the ssk in one period 1-0 (not a definitive victory in any stretch) and the ssk are at the bottom of the EHF and assabet is at the top. E9 sucks sorry

Anon
Lol, moron. The “assabet” kids had 7 top gun kids from the EHF and the 2 best valley junior warrior kids. Long Island warriors, valley forge and a goalie from ct huskies. There were only 4 from assabet. One was good and the other 3 were the weakest on that team. Have the full assabet team play the worst EHF team and see what happens. That team beat the ssk in one period 1-0 (not a definitive victory in any stretch) and the ssk are at the bottom of the EHF and assabet is at the top. E9 sucks sorry
SSK is at the bottom of the Fed. Assabet would beat them 9 times out of 10

My son is on neither team but has been in the EHF for the past year and was on one of the top E9 teams for 6 years. The full assabet team would beat the full SSK team maybe 1 out of 10 times. You E9 people are hysterical. Check MHR. I know that is just a rating system with flaws but they agree with me. Ssk was 32 and assabet was 49.

Was looking at prior year. MHR had ssk at #40 and assabet at #79.

Assabet would probably do pretty decent in platinum

Assabet kids had absolutely ZERO influence on that game

Anon
Anon
Hahaha…2 best Valley Jr Warriors that’s funny

Anon
Anon
Anon
So is that BHC White team better overall than Assabet and VJW 08s? Or not as strong?

Anon
Anon
Anon
Anon
So is that BHC White team better overall than Assabet and VJW 08s? Or not as strong?
Ok then how would that BHC team have stacked up against Top Guns full 08 elite team?

Anon
Top Gun D were solid

Thx Mom

One of the TG D was horrible. Cheap shot penalty and coughed up the puck per usual.

that bhc team had tiny assabet and extra tiny top gun kids. it was by far bhc 2 team in the tourney. they were lucky to be in playoffs. had easy bracket. bhc posting 2 michigan goals against a super weak opponent is embarrassing. but hey, when you have parents craving to spend their money on a weekend money grab, why not. most of the players have a very very hard landing approaching the next couple of seasons. not sure they can handle it

Thanks for this post. You’re entirely right. The assabet parent coaches are going to get a big wake up call this year. I wish they could be in the EHF to see what it’s like to play against BJE MMF etc.

its not just the assabet players...its all the tiny kids that played from ehf too