Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: it's good to have a lot of money in hockey

1)u16 USPHL & 2009 EHF Elite
2)About $20k
3)Absolute sacrifice of time. I can’t go to Foxwoods on Friday night due to practice. Can’t go watch Thursday night football at bar because of practice. Can’t sit down in coach Saturday because traveling all over New England for games. Hell the only night I’m not traveling to a rink is Tuesday nights and my wife goes out for wine with the ladies that night so I’m stuck at home doing laundry. Basically I have no life outside of youth hockey and my benders may not ever play college hockey.

So if these numbers are correct the question is do you spend over $150,000 on your bender playing "Elite" from 6 to 18, knowing that 99.8% of the time he will only play below the D3 level while paying full amount for college.
Or do you stop the insanity, put him in a cheaper program, and use that money to pay for his college, have him play ACHA hockey, and load your retirement account?

1- 2008 Elite
2- About $6K in regular season tuition, so easily $10-11K by the time all else is factored in
3- Tough to plan anything other than hockey travel over weekends for more than half the year, work production slips

Let me break out my violin for the poors.

This message sent from my Range Rover.

1-2012 EHF Plat
2-$7k max but that with doing 2 clinics and 3 tournaments every offseason. Wife says closer to $10k but I think shes high.
3-No sacrifice on my end but he misses out on plenty of skiing and other sports.

$4,200 team
$1,500 privates
2-3k tournaments including travel hotel etc
Doesn’t include gas.

You left off equipment and uniforms etc + summer hockey?