The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
E9 EHF alternate questions

We are late to the party this year due being poor $. Son is 2013 birth year. Tryout this spring 2 ehf 1 e9 team offered spot on all 3 varying in financial assistance from none to half price. Waited had him play summer hockey for short money. Been in touch with coaches for respective teams through summer ehf coach says he can play all games as alternate on roster. E9 team is good outfit and closest to home coach also offering alternate spot says he filled roster over summer but he can play all team practices etc but no games guaranteed unless somebody is sick or can’t make it. Advice? Both teams want a commitment at practices which I can do but I don’t want to corner my boy where he practices but never plays games or playoffs why can he play as alternate in ehf but not e9? Do I sign him up and he earns his spot with talent or does that not matter if full roster? What are rules for e9 and ehf for alternates can they play playoffs it seems very vague I read both rule books on website and am confused.first year not playing town hockey can’t afford both like most club families and our town is not playing full ice mite A this season. Need to get him back on the ice he hasn’t skated going on a month now

Any advice appreciated
Kids got wheels but needs guidance he’s a loose cannon

Re: E9 EHF alternate questions

I believe EHF alternates can play in up to 15 games but no playoffs unless you're promoted to full roster? I heard half price is the norm for alternates, but keep in mind that tournaments are extra.

No clue about E9. What level are the EHF teams? Be careful as the mite teams are hit-or-miss. You've got some competitive teams and some absolute dumpster fires. Go with the best coaches but if that's not obvious, go with the team that looks the best in practice.

anon
I believe EHF alternates can play in up to 15 games but no playoffs unless you're promoted to full roster? I heard half price is the norm for alternates, but keep in mind that tournaments are extra.

No clue about E9. What level are the EHF teams? Be careful as the mite teams are hit-or-miss. You've got some competitive teams and some absolute dumpster fires. Go with the best coaches but if that's not obvious, go with the team that looks the best in practice.
15games is minimum required for playoffs. He plays 15, and is rostered then he's eligible for everything (new system this year, so coach needs to do his due diligence and actually add him). If the coach says he can pay alternate tuition but play all games and practices, take it! Hope he has a good season and same deal next year!

Hahaha dude your putting way too much thought into mite major hockey. EHF alts need 15 games to play in playoffs but some scum bag coaches will sneak him in game rosters when he’s not their. Do yourself a flavor and let him play full time on one team. He’ll be ok