Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Girls hockey

Tabor
Tabor
Only 280k for 4 years. What a bargain.

Thank you to all that replied. To the Detroit guy I really appreciate you explaining the differences. Very helpful. I feel like I have a nice starting point to reach out.
Have a great season.

Not knowing where you are going to end up, I think the following should help if you are going south and north of Boston. I don't know the landscape up north all that well.

South Shore: If you are planning on moving to any where south of Boston you are going to have a ton of options. Literally if you were to drop a pin at Hingham MA (02043) you will have the following options less than 30 min. Tier 1 (NEGHL): Spitfires (Foxboro), Bay State Breakers (Kingston) and Bridgewater Bandits (Bridgewater). Tier 2: All mentioned prior have a T2 teams however there are other programs outside the NEGHL that have a lot of talent but might not be at the T1 level. Those teams would be Boston Advantage, Jr. Terriers (first year in the NEGHL) and Lady Militia (first year but do have u19 and u16 programs)

North Shore: Tier 1 (NEGHL) Boston Jr Eagles, Assabett, Wizards, Charles River, Islanders and NS Vipers. Tier 2 again all programs listed prior have T2 options. Looking outside the NEGHL, the ESGHL has some really solid talent at the Tier 2 level. In fact I believe last year the Wings or Pioneers were ranked 20th in the country for Tier 2. Then you have another program Valley Jr. Warriors making a lot of noise.

My .02 is this. If you have a daughter that is a Tier 1 level the NEGHL will be you best bet. If your daughter is a T2 you will have a lot more options even if it is outside the NEGHL.

Also keep in mind Tier I where you are may be equivalent to Tier 2 here.

Anon
Also keep in mind Tier I where you are may be equivalent to Tier 2 here.
Which opens up another can of worms. The birth year thing is big now a days. If it works for the programs more power to them. That being said I have watched a couple tier 2 14U teams play (lower birth year)before my older daughters games this year. No way in hell some of those girls are not better than their first team counterparts. Seems to me to be a convenient way to get older and younger girls to stay in the powerhouse programs at the same time by having two so called #1 teams.