Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Officials needed

Could officials start their own union?

anon
What is the big deal with Mite & Squirt games and the need for 'certification' for basically a play-date for little kids learning to skate? For Town games throw the junior hockey player out there, pay him $70-$80 a game and have him drop the puck. Move the certified coaches to older kids games or higher end tournaments and let's move on. Seems USA Hockey has out thought themselves again.
So your logic is to take a 14 or 15 year old kid that got certified a few weeks ago and have them doing Pee Wee & above games from day 1? I don't see how anything could go wrong in this scenario.

anon
anon
What is the big deal with Mite & Squirt games and the need for 'certification' for basically a play-date for little kids learning to skate? For Town games throw the junior hockey player out there, pay him $70-$80 a game and have him drop the puck. Move the certified coaches to older kids games or higher end tournaments and let's move on. Seems USA Hockey has out thought themselves again.
So your logic is to take a 14 or 15 year old kid that got certified a few weeks ago and have them doing Pee Wee & above games from day 1? I don't see how anything could go wrong in this scenario.
Your reading comprehension sucks pal.

Anon
anon
anon
What is the big deal with Mite & Squirt games and the need for \'certification\' for basically a play-date for little kids learning to skate? For Town games throw the junior hockey player out there, pay him $70-$80 a game and have him drop the puck. Move the certified coaches to older kids games or higher end tournaments and let\'s move on. Seems USA Hockey has out thought themselves again.
Your reading comprehension sucks pal.
My son 17 reffing a U14 game by himself got totally yelled at by the coach the whole game. Then after the game the parents yelled at him the whole way to his car F.U. Great parents. And you wonder why people don’t want to ref.