The Official New England Ice Hockey DBoard 

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Serious Peewee Major Question

Elite E9 peewee major team where the coach rolls different lines for each game.

Normal? Please discuss

Re: Serious Peewee Major Question

Not usually the norm, but it should be at that age (maybe not every game, but yes changing up lines is good). I mean there is no such thing as 'elite' at that age anyway...they are what 12? A good coach will focus on developing them for bantams and that means learning to be agile and adjust who they play with. Aren't they all 'elite' anyway on your team? Most coaches now days run the same lines from August to March chasing the W's for all those prep school scouts LOL or stacking the line for their kid who sucks. Be happy if your coach changes lines frequently. Your kid will be better off in the long run.

I know this OP, he’s the one in the stands that always chirps the coach to make himself sound like he knows how to play the game.

Here are a few questions for you to answer if you want to know the theory behind coaching

What’s team record?
How many goals is your team scoring per game?
How many goals is your team giving up per game?
How many shots per game is your team giving up?
How many shots on net is your team getting per game?
Can your left wing play the right side and Vice Versa?
How is your centers defensive zone coverage?
Do your centers:
1)Cover the third attacking forward (be a third d-man)
2)Support your defensemen covering the net front slot.
3)Maintain a support position during battles, look for loose pucks in the deep zone (yellow area).
4)Attack puck carriers moving through seams and scoring areas (green area).
5)Stay “d-side” on the open forward.
6)Be available to move up through the middle during a breakout.
Do your wings:
1)Cover the opposing defensemen
2)Be available to initiate zone breakouts and offensive transition.
3)Be a safety valve to help or prevent passes to opposing attackers.

I won’t even get into the O-zone coverage but I hope you get my point, coaching is not just rolling lines please stick to your hand warmers up in the stands drinking your Starbucks

Also, let's not forget it is October. Figuring out what works well now will help them as you get past the New Year and into playoffs - if those even exist anymore.

Youth hockey is for development. What’s best for development is learning to play all positions with all teammates. Coaches who focus on pinning 3 forwards together in October are putting effort in the wrong area’s.

Should be. For many reasons you dope.

If you or others think otherwise please go away forever.

All this chatter is neither about a serious peewee nor a major question. Total BS.

Line combos in peewee hockey are important as tags on pillows.

Any Bantam or U16 coaches on here want to tell the peewee parents how much changes in just 2 years?

Looks like someone is upset that little Johnny's team is winless to start their Town A...I mean 'E9 Elite' season.

Anon
Any Bantam or U16 coaches on here want to tell the peewee parents how much changes in just 2 years?
“But little Mikey played center on little Tommies line the last 2 years”

Anon
Anon
“But little Mikey played center on little Tommies line the last 2 years”
And Tommy got bigger and stronger while Mikey's voice hasn't cracked yet.