Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: E9 parity scores

anon
E9 guy
Truth is the e9 doesn’t deserve parity because only 5ish teams per birth year are quality teams. I’m not knocking the e9 I just think it’s not a strong league top to bottom. Personally think they should just use the first 2 weekends in September to establish who the top 6 are and place them in the e6. Top 4 teams from e6 play a best of three final four are end of year to crown the champ. The bottom 2 move down and compete for BHL title.
This is every league. If it wasn't for the bottom half of the league there would be better competition all around. Half the EHF elite teams would be better served in Platinum for EHF
Your wrong about EHF. Yes some elite teams struggle to get wins but they would dominate platinum. E9 has a few strong teams followed by handful of teams that really don’t belong.

half of the E9 doesn't belong there. Moved my 13U kid from an E9 "elite" team to EHF Platinum last season. His E9 team was middle of the road and would be absolutely smoked by 75% of the platinum teams he played against. EHF elite teams were a step above that and usually beat his team by 4-5 goals. E9 has 3-4 solid teams then a HUGE gap to the rest.

anon
half of the E9 doesn't belong there. Moved my 13U kid from an E9 "elite" team to EHF Platinum last season. His E9 team was middle of the road and would be absolutely smoked by 75% of the platinum teams he played against. EHF elite teams were a step above that and usually beat his team by 4-5 goals. E9 has 3-4 solid teams then a HUGE gap to the rest.
What’s a huge gap? Games with a 3-4 GD?

My kid is bottom half of E9 and played platinum EHF teams in a tournament last season and smoked them. Parents were yelling to play in the right division. So, this idea is old that platinum teams are E9 level.

ANON:
My kid is bottom half of E9 and played platinum EHF teams in a tournament last season and smoked them. Parents were yelling to play in the right division. So, this idea is old that platinum teams are E9 level.
My son is on a top platinum team and we beat the Spartans. Are they not top 3 in E9

E9 and Platnumn are one in the same actually most of the platnumn top teams would beat E9 in most divisions

same things
E9 and Platnumn are one in the same actually most of the platnumn top teams would beat E9 in most divisions
Do platinum moms just copy and paste this post over and over and over and over and…

Anon
anon
E9 guy
Truth is the e9 doesn’t deserve parity because only 5ish teams per birth year are quality teams. I’m not knocking the e9 I just think it’s not a strong league top to bottom. Personally think they should just use the first 2 weekends in September to establish who the top 6 are and place them in the e6. Top 4 teams from e6 play a best of three final four are end of year to crown the champ. The bottom 2 move down and compete for BHL title.
This is every league. If it wasn\'t for the bottom half of the league there would be better competition all around. Half the EHF elite teams would be better served in Platinum for EHF
Your wrong about EHF. Yes some elite teams struggle to get wins but they would dominate platinum. E9 has a few strong teams followed by handful of teams that really don’t belong.
Again bottom 3 of any league is equivalent to top three of the league below. Our platinum team beat bottom end EHF elite team in a tournament and tied another. This is what people don't understand. You can't compare the whole division top to bottom. Yes, E9 teams would crush middle to bottom platinum but would be 50/50 with top of platinum. Granted there are a few outliers in the E9 that could compete with mid of EHF

A cape cod club team

Because these teams wanted a chance to qualify for E9!!!! So they have their shot on the ice. Unlike other leagues.
System seems to be pretty fair and accurate. As the best teams so far have advanced and qualified for E9.

At Mediocre hockey. In the Fed platinum teams could not compete. Bandits Elite won Platinum easily in 20-21. They weren’t competitive in a single game in Elite this past year.

Anon
Because these teams wanted a chance to qualify for E9!!!! So they have their shot on the ice. Unlike other leagues.
System seems to be pretty fair and accurate. As the best teams so far have advanced and qualified for E9.
I'd say no the system is broken.. You should run it like European soccer league.

Parity allows teams a chance to play into the E9. Typically only 2 teams get a chance to move up. Most of these teams struggle during the year but some do well. Some people keep posting in general about performance vs EHF/Plat. Every age group is different. For example the 2010 and even the 2008 are week. I'm just not impressed with an age group that can't compete with teams/players a year older. This has been my opinion for the last 3 years. Of course some teams can, but the majority can't. Most of you clowns can't see this because you still think you're kid is going pro. The truth is only a handful of kids are truly elite. The sad reality is you morons bragging about youth hockey. You never played. But please continue with the expert advice. My favorite is the mite and squirt dads. HAAAAAAAA

Coach
Parity allows teams a chance to play into the E9. Typically only 2 teams get a chance to move up. Most of these teams struggle during the year but some do well. Some people keep posting in general about performance vs EHF/Plat. Every age group is different. For example the 2010 and even the 2008 are week. I'm just not impressed with an age group that can't compete with teams/players a year older. This has been my opinion for the last 3 years. Of course some teams can, but the majority can't. Most of you clowns can't see this because you still think you're kid is going pro. The truth is only a handful of kids are truly elite. The sad reality is you morons bragging about youth hockey. You never played. But please continue with the expert advice. My favorite is the mite and squirt dads. HAAAAAAAA
Take the week off buddy. You deserve it.

You parents need to start looking at this parity thing like a tournament. Its a great way for the players to get better and better. Thats the goal and all parents should know this.

what teams are in the E9? I can't get a clear answer on google

Depends on the age group, what age group are you looking for?

2008, 2009 and 2014

I don’t see 2008 but this is what I can see for the others based on the qualifier scores:

Boston Advantage
Valley Jr Warriors
NH Avalanche
Boston Americans
Assabet Patriots
Seacoast Spartans
EC Wizards
New England Knights
Jr Thunderbirds
Boston Jr Rangers
RI Saints
Seahawks

Boston Advantage
Boston Americans
EC Wizards
Assabet Patriots
Jr Thunderbirds
Seacoast Spartans
Valley Jr. Warriors
Junior Railers
Winter Club

Coach
who is saying teams can't compete with teams a year up from them?

More parity games are absolutely necessary and I would recommend a month long parity tournament in June or July. Need to reinforce a win at all cost mentality before these kids hit puberty! Remember if you ain't cheating...you just ain't trying.

What were these last 2 weeks about? Did we make it into the E9? What were we playing for? To get into E9 Prep division? Did our kid’s baseball and lacrosse teams lose because we weren’t there? Will 14 14U teams be in the E9? What will the E9 look like after split season? Did we just play 6-7 games in the Spring to figure out how 10 games will be played next Fall? Did we figure out anything? What were the scores of our kid’s baseball and lacrosse games? Is my lawn overgrown now?