Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Parmy's Off-Ice Hockey

Great time to work on being an Athlete. As he gets older the more athletic he is, the easier it will be to adjust at each level. At this age, focus on learning to be explosive, sprint short distance, introduce some full body lifts and single leg exercises, get on a slide board and work on lengthening the stride. Good luck! Tons of youtube videos on activities. At this age my son would sprint 20 yards into single leg hops into ladder run and finsh with 5-10 pushups. Keep it fun, ride a bike, climb a tree.

My kid gets gassed by the 3rd period of games. Is it better to do some cross country with his middle school to build up cardio base, or just start doing some HIIT?

anon
My kid gets gassed by the 3rd period of games. Is it better to do some cross country with his middle school to build up cardio base, or just start doing some HIIT?
HIIT as he will be doing it his entire hockey career

KRLK15
I have a Bantam Minor, is he too you to start doing off-ice training? Any experience with Parmy’s?
Good age for it. Parmy is very good. You will not be dissapointed.

Scott will teach your kid the correct mechanics of skating. Rarely do team coaches have the time or focus or work on the mechanics of shooting. Parmy will do that.

Anon
Scott will teach your kid the correct mechanics of skating. Rarely do team coaches have the time or focus or work on the mechanics of shooting. Parmy will do that.
Remember no 2 strides are the same. Slideboard and YouTube will get it done. Start with 100 strides a day per leg with full knee bend, 15-20 minutes tops. It works.

The majority of kids today have little or no “self” interest in cross training or off ice hockey skills, especially at the 12/13/14 age group. The fact you have to ask about a program is all the proof you need, especially when you can YouTube any off ice training your Adult heart desires. But until lil Johnny decides to YouTube off ice exercises and regiments HIMSELF, don’t waste the families time or money.

For every thousand hockey nets I see in the driveway, I see one kid shooting, for every thousand pairs of roller blades sitting in the closet, you see one kid roller blading. The best of the best NHL’ers tell you, 50 percent of their skill sets came from off ice training and players like Ovechkin, Marchand, McD and others were self driven off ice. Their Daddies didn’t pay for specialized clinics or skills sessions. Guaranteed your skipper is watching hundred’s of hours of videos a week but none on off ice training! But spend your money anyway you want fool, lol

Acoach
The majority of kids today have little or no “self” interest in cross training or off ice hockey skills, especially at the 12/13/14 age group. The fact you have to ask about a program is all the proof you need, especially when you can YouTube any off ice training your Adult heart desires. But until lil Johnny decides to YouTube off ice exercises and regiments HIMSELF, don’t waste the families time or money.

For every thousand hockey nets I see in the driveway, I see one kid shooting, for every thousand pairs of roller blades sitting in the closet, you see one kid roller blading. The best of the best NHL’ers tell you, 50 percent of their skill sets came from off ice training and players like Ovechkin, Marchand, McD and others were self driven off ice. Their Daddies didn’t pay for specialized clinics or skills sessions. Guaranteed your skipper is watching hundred’s of hours of videos a week but none on off ice training! But spend your money anyway you want fool, lol
You sound fun

Jump for joy! Another camp to look into. Can you share website?

Acoach

Acoach might come off a tad bit sour but he does have a point.