email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EHFE9

By a wide margin.

Re: EHFE9

Reality….both leagues suck compared to the real leagues in the Mid West and Canada!! What you call Elite is laughable!! EHF/E9 teams would get blown out by double digit!! Just be happy you don’t see what real Elite looks like! And believe me only a couple of these kids in the EHF/E9 are Elite and the rest, Ha Ha Ha!!

So let’s face it. I’m speaking for a peewee and a squirt year. Fed elite. We’ve been “out west” and the comp is similar. We’ve been to Toronto and Quebec and the comp is similar. Yes Canada is deeper but elite vs elite I’m not sold anywhere is better. E9 I have no idea about but the teams we’ve played haven’t been great. I’d suggest seeing tournaments for yourself and judging from that point on. Either way I think you need some first hand experience.

Talk about drinking the EHF Elite Khool Aid. “Yea, EHF Elite players are as good or better than the Canadian players!” Thanks for the laugh this morning !! 😂

Love people who think all Canadian teams are top notch. Canada has plenty of mediocre players, teams and leagues. Obviously they have more high end talent because they have a lot more players. Fact is an “Elite” player from the northeast US looks similar to “Elite” players in Canada.

Anon
Reality….both leagues suck compared to the real leagues in the Mid West and Canada!! What you call Elite is laughable!! EHF/E9 teams would get blown out by double digit!! Just be happy you don’t see what real Elite looks like! And believe me only a couple of these kids in the EHF/E9 are Elite and the rest, Ha Ha Ha!!
Tell us what league you are talking about in the mid west and how you know this info?

Anon
Anon
Tell us what league you are talking about in the mid west and how you know this info?
Really? Wow!!! How would those Midwest super teams do against Mount?

I have no dog in this fight….but I was told the Jr Bruins are the Elite of the Elites in this area. How do they do in tournaments against Canada and Mid-West? Than that’s the answer!!

Anon
I have no dog in this fight….but I was told the Jr Bruins are the Elite of the Elites in this area. How do they do in tournaments against Canada and Mid-West? Than that’s the answer!!
Correct on all fronts. Obviously it depends on what year/team but from what I can see (no skin in the game), these Junior Bruins are very competitive.

What are you guys talking about? The Jr. Bruins are not in either of those leagues

Anon
They do alright. Cant say any of the Canadian players stood out to me. They looked the same as the kids from the US.

The vast majority of kids playing in any state, country, etc. will not play college hockey, let alone pro. MA continues to produce a lot of top players, but it definitely has fallen well below MN (https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/state-totals/active-nhl-players-career-stats.html). That said, the EHF is as good as any U.S. league...there may be better teams elsewhere, but someone name a league that is better (MN is town-based, and MI and IL have great teams but not as good a league as far as I know). And the E9 is a solid league, but it's not close to the EHF Elite...my kid used to play in the E9, and now he plays in EHF Elite, so I am telling you from experience. The Advantage is the only program that could compete in the EHF Elite across multiple years...and even in their best years (2011), they would finish somewhere in the 3-5 range if they were in the EHF Elite. Doesn't mean it's not a great program with great skills sessions and players...just means they're in a weaker league, and anyone who argues otherwise is just wrong. Sure, this changes once kids approach high school age. I am talking about squirt and peewee age.

Anon
The vast majority of kids playing in any state, country, etc. will not play college hockey, let alone pro. MA continues to produce a lot of top players, but it definitely has fallen well below MN (https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/state-totals/active-nhl-players-career-stats.html). That said, the EHF is as good as any U.S. league...there may be better teams elsewhere, but someone name a league that is better (MN is town-based, and MI and IL have great teams but not as good a league as far as I know). And the E9 is a solid league, but it's not close to the EHF Elite...my kid used to play in the E9, and now he plays in EHF Elite, so I am telling you from experience. The Advantage is the only program that could compete in the EHF Elite across multiple years...and even in their best years (2011), they would finish somewhere in the 3-5 range if they were in the EHF Elite. Doesn't mean it's not a great program with great skills sessions and players...just means they're in a weaker league, and anyone who argues otherwise is just wrong. Sure, this changes once kids approach high school age. I am talking about squirt and peewee age.
Is spot on.

So anyone living in hingham or I’m the area that has their kids playing for advantage should try and get them to EHF?

I live on the south shore, my kids are still young but I’ve heard that advantage is a better program than the breakers or the terriers.

Alrighty09
I live on the south shore, my kids are still young but I’ve heard that advantage is a better program than the breakers or the terriers.
I wouldn’t say the “program” makes a big difference. The 3 your talking about charge around the same amount. They practice equally. It’s just a combo of preference of location and what coach is running the birth year your kid is playing at. Advantage get a lot of the very good players in that area but they aren’t that much different than Terriers elite. Terriers play in better league so they don’t dominate like Advantage.

This is the exact opposite of how anyone should react. Is your kid having fun and getting better? Great, stay where you are. Is your kid unhappy, not getting better, and/or getting away with bad habits? If so, then upgrade the league - and the EHF Elite is the best league around if you need to find a better league. But focus first on your kid's happiness, experience and development rather than trying to make sure he / she is on the best team, league, etc.

Sorry, I am new to this...my reply just now was in response to the one I am pasting below -

------

So anyone living in hingham or I’m the area that has their kids playing for advantage should try and get them to EHF?

I just don’t think there’s any real proof that ehf is better than E9. Many kids on the jr bruins team come from advantage.

And from what other teams in the E9? A good league needs more than one good team.

I don’t know enough about the other E9 teams to comment on that. I just know some of players on the advantage younger teams and they are quite good at this point in time and quite a few have made it to the top jr bruins teams. I’ve seen parents who have kids from these age groups want their kids on advantage over the terriers, breakers or kings. Like I mentioned they’re young so as the competition increases who knows where people will go. I again think a big part of it is people tend to want to do a program that is close to them.

Alrighty09
I don’t know enough about the other E9 teams to comment on that. I just know some of players on the advantage younger teams and they are quite good at this point in time and quite a few have made it to the top jr bruins teams. I’ve seen parents who have kids from these age groups want their kids on advantage over the terriers, breakers or kings. Like I mentioned they’re young so as the competition increases who knows where people will go. I again think a big part of it is people tend to want to do a program that is close to them.
People like to say they poop don't stank but it sure as hell does. EHF also has **** teams, bandits, breakers, top gun, etc.. every league has poop.

I think it also comes down to the individual player as well. Of course they need to be challenged but if someone is truly talented they will likely do well wherever they go.

What does the junior bruins have to do with e9 and ehf? The junior bruins are not the best kids. There are some good players but it is only the people willing to pay $10,000+ to travel and play spring/summer hockey. The ehf is way better than e9 and it is not even close. The 2011 advantage team that hasn’t lost a league game in 3 years would be a 4th place team at best in the ehf. You advantage people are really delusional .

ok you're clearly bitter and sour grapes

You are a moron. The proof is when the ehf teams beat up on the e9 teams in tournaments. Take a look at the rankings also. The ehf teams are ranked higher. What more real proof do you want?

Didn’t the 2013 Kings cut there goalie mid season last year because they lost to the Americans in a tournament? Coach could not handle getting beat by an E9 team so he takes on a kid. We’ll there goes that dumb augment!

Nice touch with the name calling too

The Junior bruins 15 Elites won the Blue Chip 9-4 over Boston Hockey Club. Quite a few of the Jr Bruins '15 team play for Advantage.

How did the 14s, 13s, do?

‘13s beat Atlantic coast 6 to 1. Not sure on 14s

Jr Bruins 2013 finished with one total win but were competitive I guess and the 2014 Jr Bruins had 3 wins until they drove into a Blizzard and got beat pretty soundly. Good thing the 15’s got the job done with all the E9 kids!

You are a clown. Is your kid really a 2015 and you are coming on the dboard saying there is no proof that the ehf is better than the e9? Do you wear a junior bruins sweatshirt with your kids number on it?

Ooh the name calling again. Sorry you’re hurting. So my kid is not a 2015, thanks for your interest though. I’d have no issue with a parent wearing a sweatshirt of a team their kid plays for. Go team! I personally don’t wear my kids teams.

so not 100% true... there are a ton of players that don't parti****te in a lot of summer tournaments unless its their team as a whole. sure tournys are fun, but sometimes these kids would rather take a break or concentrate on other sports rather than pick up bad habbits from a thrown together team coached by some Uncle Ricco willing to do anything to win. and lets be honest, if any of our kids were as "elite" as we all want them to be, they would already be gone... so whether you are drinking from the fountain of the KD and JP man-goo at the bottom of the ivory tower, or ballz deep in the BHL, let your kids have fun. the cream always rises to the top. and trust me,, none of the ehf "elites" will ever stray far from what they know. they stay close to competition that is somewhat challenging but not enough to make any difference. watching our children succeed has taken a back seat to greed and pride. youll never see an ehf top team take on a top bhl team... the ehf parents and their uncle ricco's wouldnt be able to handle it.

J&O
so not 100% true... there are a ton of players that don't parti****te in a lot of summer tournaments unless its their team as a whole. sure tournys are fun, but sometimes these kids would rather take a break or concentrate on other sports rather than pick up bad habbits from a thrown together team coached by some Uncle Ricco willing to do anything to win. and lets be honest, if any of our kids were as "elite" as we all want them to be, they would already be gone... so whether you are drinking from the fountain of the KD and JP man-goo at the bottom of the ivory tower, or ballz deep in the BHL, let your kids have fun. the cream always rises to the top. and trust me,, none of the ehf "elites" will ever stray far from what they know. they stay close to competition that is somewhat challenging but not enough to make any difference. watching our children succeed has taken a back seat to greed and pride. youll never see an ehf top team take on a top bhl team... the ehf parents and their uncle ricco's wouldnt be able to handle it.
who is the directed at?