Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Showdown

Anon
There should be, cuz there’s about 50 kids here that will play D1
Hahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Hahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Hahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Hahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Hahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Anon
Anon
There should be, cuz there’s about 50 kids here that will play D1
Hahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Hahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Hahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Hahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Hahahahahhahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Not sure if that comment deserved that many haha’s but 50 might be fairly accurate

Probably higher

5 age divisions. So probably 750 players. Probably 15-20 in the 11 group by itself even though there were really only 5 decent teams there.

Anon
Probably higher

5 age divisions. So probably 750 players. Probably 15-20 in the 11 group by itself even though there were really only 5 decent teams there.
Right I'm not sure why it's laughable at all to think there wouldn't be plenty of kids from this tournament who'd be going on to play D1 hockey one day. There was some real talent there from all over the US and Canada. There were two NHL guys there that I know of, could have been more - Nikita kucherov and Will O'neil.

anon
Anon
Probably higher

Right I'm not sure why it's laughable at all to think there wouldn't be plenty of kids from this tournament who'd be going on to play D1 hockey one day. There was some real talent there from all over the US and Canada. There were two NHL guys there that I know of, could have been more - Nikita kucherov and Will O'neil.
So, one game in the NHL makes you an NHL guy? Ok...I guess.

This whole thread is ridiculous, but absolutely - one game in the NHL makes you an NHL guy. You made it, and it's one more game than anyone who posts on this board ever played.

I want you to save this thread and in 4 years take a look at it again. In those 4 years, the team your kid is on now will likely have 1-2 kids still playing together. Some will quit, drop down a level or two or go to another team. The focus should be playing high school. D1 is extremely difficult to make. 1% make D1 of all the kids playing in the USA.

Crazy
I want you to save this thread and in 4 years take a look at it again. In those 4 years, the team your kid is on now will likely have 1-2 kids still playing together. Some will quit, drop down a level or two or go to another team. The focus should be playing high school. D1 is extremely difficult to make. 1% make D1 of all the kids playing in the USA.
My nephew played in the brick and went through all the spring summer bs. 9 kids from his team played ncaa or high level JR hockey. I believe one of the best kids on the team ended up playing D1 baseball over hockey. I won’t say how many played beyond ncaa but I think if you do your research you’d find that kids at the squirt major through peewee major level that compete well at these high end tournaments end up playing beyond high school.

Anon
Crazy
My nephew played in the brick and went through all the spring summer bs. 9 kids from his team played ncaa or high level JR hockey. I believe one of the best kids on the team ended up playing D1 baseball over hockey. I won’t say how many played beyond ncaa but I think if you do your research you’d find that kids at the squirt major through peewee major level that compete well at these high end tournaments end up playing beyond high school.
You keep thinking that :smile:

Crazy
And btw it’s easy to research this. Click on player profiles on EP. It will take you 10-15 minutes to realize your opinion is off base

Crazy
No one said anything about the teams staying together. But if a kid is truly good at 8 do you think they’ll become not good all of a sudden? I certainly have met some crazy parents who travel every weekend out of state for tourneys, some are even moving based on their young kid being talented. I certainly don’t wish anything bad on them but I do think it seems a bit soon to be so serious for the kids under 10.

Lets see, what can change,,, Size, speed, compete level, competition, social life... so on and so on. You guys will see. I used to be the same type of parent when my kid was 8. It would be awesome if 50 kids at this tournament made it tho. That would be a 30 for 30 story.

grow
Lets see, what can change,,, Size, speed, compete level, competition, social life... so on and so on. You guys will see. I used to be the same type of parent when my kid was 8. It would be awesome if 50 kids at this tournament made it tho. That would be a 30 for 30 story.
I would imagine this is true. If someone is amazing at hockey at 8 will they still be at 15? time will tell. I would think as long as they still keep enjoying it and trying hard it could work?

Anon
Heard there were scouts there handing out D1 scholarships.
How did the jr bruins teams do?

Anon
Anon
How did the jr bruins teams do?
They all won except the ‘13 team

What happened to the 13s?

Anon
What happened to the 13s?
Played a soft team and good Minn team Friday and went 2-0. Played 2 very good teams Saturday and went 0-2 but both were very close. Lost their 5th game but it meaninglessness. That’s a good group with a couple of changes.

Lecavalier was also there.

Anon
You sound jealous.

Sorry last one. Promise. Please put links with these threads so we can all check in!!!!!!! If that many scouts are attending, I want to get my kids their next time. Wooot Wooot :octopus: