email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Showdown

Crazy
I want you to save this thread and in 4 years take a look at it again. In those 4 years, the team your kid is on now will likely have 1-2 kids still playing together. Some will quit, drop down a level or two or go to another team. The focus should be playing high school. D1 is extremely difficult to make. 1% make D1 of all the kids playing in the USA.
No one said anything about the teams staying together. But if a kid is truly good at 8 do you think they’ll become not good all of a sudden? I certainly have met some crazy parents who travel every weekend out of state for tourneys, some are even moving based on their young kid being talented. I certainly don’t wish anything bad on them but I do think it seems a bit soon to be so serious for the kids under 10.

Lets see, what can change,,, Size, speed, compete level, competition, social life... so on and so on. You guys will see. I used to be the same type of parent when my kid was 8. It would be awesome if 50 kids at this tournament made it tho. That would be a 30 for 30 story.

grow
Lets see, what can change,,, Size, speed, compete level, competition, social life... so on and so on. You guys will see. I used to be the same type of parent when my kid was 8. It would be awesome if 50 kids at this tournament made it tho. That would be a 30 for 30 story.
I would imagine this is true. If someone is amazing at hockey at 8 will they still be at 15? time will tell. I would think as long as they still keep enjoying it and trying hard it could work?

Anon
Heard there were scouts there handing out D1 scholarships.
How did the jr bruins teams do?

Anon
Anon
How did the jr bruins teams do?
They all won except the ‘13 team

What happened to the 13s?

Anon
What happened to the 13s?
Played a soft team and good Minn team Friday and went 2-0. Played 2 very good teams Saturday and went 0-2 but both were very close. Lost their 5th game but it meaninglessness. That’s a good group with a couple of changes.

Lecavalier was also there.

Anon
You sound jealous.

Sorry last one. Promise. Please put links with these threads so we can all check in!!!!!!! If that many scouts are attending, I want to get my kids their next time. Wooot Wooot :octopus: