Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Parents who create instagrams for kids

I know a couple of crazy hockey moms that post every single goal their kid scores playing in the 8th division of the EHF. They tag every single hockey team, league, coach, tournament…it’s sickening. Kind of like being the tallest midget.

anon
Oh i've seen it...but the team is trying to run a business and they have a social media person who is paid to do that. Social media marketing is huge for a business but now i guess the parents are marketing the kids. An insta page for a business is different than a parent who creates a page for their kid and also posts everything the kid does that is hockey related.
Creating a brand is the name of the game. if your kid is playing for a top spring/summer team or at a well known camp then you need to post that. Make sure to follow all well known teams so they se it, always have the next step in mind, it will definitely help, sounds crazy but word of mouth is just as important as the actual skill your kid has. Crazy times we live in but either accept it or be passed over.

Anon
anon
Oh i\'ve seen it...but the team is trying to run a business and they have a social media person who is paid to do that. Social media marketing is huge for a business but now i guess the parents are marketing the kids. An insta page for a business is different than a parent who creates a page for their kid and also posts everything the kid does that is hockey related.
Creating a brand is the name of the game. if your kid is playing for a top spring/summer team or at a well known camp then you need to post that. Make sure to follow all well known teams so they se it, always have the next step in mind, it will definitely help, sounds crazy but word of mouth is just as important as the actual skill your kid has. Crazy times we live in but either accept it or be passed over.
I hope you're being sarcastic

anon
Anon
anon
Oh i\\\'ve seen it...but the team is trying to run a business and they have a social media person who is paid to do that. Social media marketing is huge for a business but now i guess the parents are marketing the kids. An insta page for a business is different than a parent who creates a page for their kid and also posts everything the kid does that is hockey related.
I hope you're being sarcastic
Unfortunately these people are nuts and believe that their kids are the next big thing. Wonder if they will continue to post their kids playing JV or Freshman when they don't make varsity?

Just wait til creepy coaches start sliding into your kids' DM's. Hi - I saw you playing at the Shamrock Shootout Lucky and I think you are special. We'd love to get to know you better on and off the ice...

Anon
anon
Oh i\'ve seen it...but the team is trying to run a business and they have a social media person who is paid to do that. Social media marketing is huge for a business but now i guess the parents are marketing the kids. An insta page for a business is different than a parent who creates a page for their kid and also posts everything the kid does that is hockey related.
This is the only smart post on here. Guy knows what he is talking about. I am an 7 figure marketer. Truth is if your kid was good enough to have an account you would too. I know who my kids competition is because of instagram. I know of at least one strung out parent who is violently against it.

Gary Vee
Anon
anon
Oh i\\\'ve seen it...but the team is trying to run a business and they have a social media person who is paid to do that. Social media marketing is huge for a business but now i guess the parents are marketing the kids. An insta page for a business is different than a parent who creates a page for their kid and also posts everything the kid does that is hockey related.
This is the only smart post on here. Guy knows what he is talking about. I am an 7 figure marketer. Truth is if your kid was good enough to have an account you would too. I know who my kids competition is because of instagram. I know of at least one strung out parent who is violently against it.
Agree that marketing is the name of the game but the self promotion with these kids is out of control. My mid posts things on Instagram and TikTok fron hockey and sometimes I just have to tell the little bender it’s not that impressive. Hard balance between confidence and arrogance. Some kids handle that on their own but most lose confidence and/or gain arrogance far too easily. No different than reminding him that while his team says elite and he plays in the top league that in reality there is about a team worth of truly elite kids and he has a ways to go to be in that group.

Gary Vee
Anon
anon
Nope sorry, my kid IS good and I still think 7 is too young for instagram. Marketing shouldn't apply to your own flesh and blood douche. Also who cares what you make?

Are you really surprised by anything overly-energetic parents would do?

I feel a little divided on this one ok people. My children do not do the Insta or the Facebook or the Tweet Tweet or the Tickity Tock thingy. However, our family friends have so many good posts up from all the tournaments they do and their kids are sooooooo good. They are always scoring incredible goals. So I guess they are promoting their little athletes and so be it.

Well that all the time I have for today :wink: Off to the best Pure Hockey store I know lol. We need new a couple of new black helmets and some black gloves hint hint hehehe!!!!!

I don’t mind the accounts or videos - but the moms who post the comments imitating their child is disturbing. They need their own life.