Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Normal tourney tuition mark up?

If you think the coaches that just show up with a roster and jerseys in hand are making any more than their $300 coaching stipend you clearly have not been around the rinks very long.

Anon
If you think the coaches that just show up with a roster and jerseys in hand are making any more than their $300 coaching stipend you clearly have not been around the rinks very long.
As someone who has been through it as a coach, and a parent with zero involvement.

This is al about FOMO, just like the rest of hockey.

Hold off, wait til a few days before when you get calls and invites because they need a player, and play for free or discount rate .

My kid probably did three tourneys a summer between u8 and u18 and we probably paid a total of 500 bucks for about 25 tourneys.

the same tourneys that were invite only, elite, showcase, etc...

My experience for a fairly well known spring/summer program in regards to the financial component can't be beat. They charge us $285 - we got full uniform to keep (jersey/socks...pretty good quality far from a $10 practice jersey, got one practice for those that could make it before the event, access to photos that the owners wife takes (no charge), and the coach offered all the players detailed feedback on their performance after the event. They treated the players well for a weekend summer event. I've been told this is the norm for how they operate. This was our first experience.

Anon
Anon
As someone who has been through it as a coach, and a parent with zero involvement.

Hold off, wait til a few days before when you get calls and invites because they need a player, and play for free or discount rate .

My kid probably did three tourneys a summer between u8 and u18 and we probably paid a total of 500 bucks for about 25 tourneys.

wow, your bendy is a stud, you must be so proud and must be even more excited to share this news with all of us

anon
Anon
Anon

wow, your bendy is a stud, you must be so proud and must be even more excited to share this news with all of us
He is average. Act accordingly and stop wasting your money