Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: So like anyone have some money to loan me?

Don't let your bender fall behind bro!

Anon
6 summer tourneys (all with hotel stays), 4 camps and now we find out that his fall team is going to Detroit and Pennsylvania this year. Looks like we might need to stop bringing him to treadmills for the month of July.
Move to the Midwest. That would be par for course except you need to add about 3 more season tournaments

Anon
6 summer tourneys (all with hotel stays), 4 camps and now we find out that his fall team is going to Detroit and Pennsylvania this year. Looks like we might need to stop bringing him to treadmills for the month of July.
If you think youth hockey is expensive, wait until midgets/cc/prep and beyond. That's where the big money is spent and many pursuing the dream just can't afford it.

true, I've seen several very good players go the public HS route simply because they couldnt afford the prep/junior route. Some way better, they just couldn't afford the tens of thousands each year. sad actually.

Find a hill and have your kid sprint or rollerblade up it. Does the same thing as a skating treadmill and costs nothing. And stop doing so many summer tournaments. Not sure how old your kid is, but 6 summer tournaments is a lot even if money is not an issue. And if you’re going to spend money, send your kid to a figure skater or power skating camp instead of tournaments. Summer tournaments don’t make you better. And if your kid is older and it’s a matter of getting noticed, it shouldn’t take that many tournaments if your kid is good enough and if you’re picking the right tournaments.

9:07pm - Well said.

Anon
This is sad.

I call BS. What program is asking someone to do 6 tourneys plus hotel stays and then two additional out of state tourneys in the fall ? Also you can say no and not do all of them….but plenty of parents would be happy to take your kids spot. I know parents with multiple kids who are in a different state or Canada every weekend it seems. But again that’s with multiple kids.