email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NHL Draft 2022

Anon
It’s crazy how people complain about anything. All else equal, would you draft a kid whose father was a good hockey player or accountant? If this is Eric Healey’s kid (I honestly don’t know), his father was an incredible hockey player, and I have to think the son learned a ton just being around him.
You just proved my entire point, thank you.

If you’re good enough they will find you… nhl teams are drafting these kids for a lot of reasons but if your bender was good enough coaches would find him.

So is your point that you feel bad for your son because you weren’t a good hockey player? If someone is good enough, he’ll eventually get noticed and get to whatever level he can reach based on his talent. Yes, it might take longer without connections, but that’s life. It’s true in any line of work, not just hockey or sports in general.

Anon
So is your point that you feel bad for your son because you weren’t a good hockey player? If someone is good enough, he’ll eventually get noticed and get to whatever level he can reach based on his talent. Yes, it might take longer without connections, but that’s life. It’s true in any line of work, not just hockey or sports in general.
Not at all. My point is that most kids connections are more important than his true talent. My middle son is friends with 4 of the kids drafted today and those kids even joke about it. It’s reality! Coming directly from the kids.

If you know 4 kids that were drafted I’d say you have enough connections that if your kid was good enough he would be standing next to them sorry..

Anon
If you know 4 kids that were drafted I’d say you have enough connections that if your kid was good enough he would be standing next to them sorry..
Ask CL, JD, JH, MC, how they got drafted. Seriously, it’s an ongoing joke. It’s ok to admit it.

Anon
Anon
Ask CL, JD, JH, MC, how they got drafted. Seriously, it’s an ongoing joke. It’s ok to admit it.
My kid asked one of them……

His response was “ because I’m better then all the other kids that play hockey”

Grow up you sound pathetic all the players drafted deserved it. Sorry your kid was a stud pee wee that played in the Q and brick. Means nothing if you don’t develop moron only joke going around is your at the bar telling everyone that will listen to you is hockey all politics.

Maybe there “ connected parents” understood the game/ the things to do to become a high end prospect of instead of chasing logos and tournaments around.

Anon
Anon
Anon

Grow up you sound pathetic all the players drafted deserved it. Sorry your kid was a stud pee wee that played in the Q and brick. Means nothing if you don’t develop moron only joke going around is your at the bar telling everyone that will listen to you is hockey all politics.

Maybe there “ connected parents” understood the game/ the things to do to become a high end prospect of instead of chasing logos and tournaments around.

Liar. The only one who would say that is JH from Northeastern. The others know what’s up.

Anon
Anon
Anon

Just texted a draft pick from 2018. Asked “Yo serious question, how did you get drafted”. His reply “They called my phone.” I said “Why did you get drafted “ he said “Because I skate fast and have nice skin”

Anon
Anon
What SJ from Cushing did for CL and JD was incredible. Follow the Yandle connection.

CL is one of the most talented forwards to come out of Massachusetts in a long time. He was the best prospect for the draft out of the area by year end. He is also one of the best 04 forwards in the United States according to USA hockey who picked him for the WJC camp. It is not such a secret outside of New England anymore. He had a strong year and has a very high ceiling. Some teams almost took him in the first round. If you dont see what he translates to at the pro game you dont know what a pro hockey player looks like. What he did at cushing did not get him drafted. It was the USa camp, Hlinka Tournament for USA Hockey and the 25 goals he scored in Green Bay as a rookie.

Anon
You do realize how crazy of a statement that is, right?

Anon
anon
good grief. Seems like there are jilted people here no matter what age group. Anytime I ask a question about a tournament or a team I get told they stink. Now people getting drafted to the NHL don't deserve it.

Might be time to look in the mirror. It isnt always everyone else that sucks. I've had my share of losses in life and watched people have things handed to them all the time. You can't really buy talent. Are there players who dont make it that should? Perhaps but I dont think you can say anyone who goes to the NHL is lacking talent.
Correct. I’m saying follow the player family/coaches connections. That’s the real difference for many players from New England. They are just as talented as teammates they have had, however, there was some type of connection that gives them the leg up. Seriously, take any player from the area drafted today and tell me it was only based on that players skill, and had nothing to do with relationships with coaches, scouts, bloodline..can’t do it.
Buddy name one kid in mass/ New England that is better then any kid drafted today ? I’ll be waiting and waiting all weekend for this.

Your going to tell me the following places all made mistakes on these kids.

USHL teams
QMJHL teams
Just about every D1 team
NHL teams

Grow up my guess is your kid is a decent player and your jealous about these players.

Congratulations to the USPHL for developing NHL talent. Best league in the world!

Seeing this is the youth board, some advice:
1. Be 6 foot or over
2. Play for the Eagles
3. Go NTDP
4. If not # 3, go to a Prep school where you know the coaches and they are connected to NHL somehow.
5. Or have a family members connected to NHL
6. Oh and do PV every summer

Anon
1. Be 6 foot or over
2. Play for the Eagles
3. Go NTDP
4. If not # 3, go to a Prep school where you know the coaches and they are connected to NHL somehow.
Yeah #3 makes the most sense to be seeing as they get the top players in the US at 16 and 17. Then when they miss on a guy who develops late they bring him in the U18 year.

Why the Eagles

Based on this is seems like going to a prep school is a shoe in as well:

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/massachusetts-high-school-players-selected-2022-nhl-draft/

SO you play for all these fancy teams and camps when the kids are young to send them to a school that's 50k a year. They don't say hockey is expensive for nothing I guess. So much for public school yikes.

anon
Based on this is seems like going to a prep school is a shoe in as well:

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news/massachusetts-high-school-players-selected-2022-nhl-draft/

SO you play for all these fancy teams and camps when the kids are young to send them to a school that\'s 50k a year. They don\'t say hockey is expensive for nothing I guess. So much for public school yikes.
In what world does this make prep school a shoe in? Out of 225 selections, only six were prep school and one was from an academy...

Anon
1. Be 6 foot or over
2. Play for the Eagles
3. Go NTDP
PV has been awful for the last two decades. No one goes anymore.

Anon
Anon
1. Be 6 foot or over
2. Play for the Eagles
3. Go NTDP
PV has been awful for the last two decades. No one goes anymore.
I actually know someone who sends their kids to PV now. He's like 80 something years old and isn't doing much. I dont think much of today's youth is using him though.

I know the NHL and New England. You are wrong, just plain wrong. Connections do not get you drafted at least not in the first 6 rounds. As for bloodlines of course its a factor wouldnt you consider it? But its a very small factor in an overall picture. There is too much at stake and only 7 rounds. If they like a kid but dont draft him they can invite him to development camp. Coaches and families dont get kids drafted. A tie may go to a runner in a late round scenario. Too many good players in the world and teams make their lists well in advance. You just dont know what you are talking about

Guy, this is the NHL not the EHF. The NHLteams pick who they think is best what are you talking about