Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Lovell arena opens tomorrow

Anon
anon
It\'s in person not online.

Don\'t you think that people who are sending their kids to a hockey academy care more about the hockey portion than the education portion most likely?

As has been said many people are homeschooled and go on to excellent colleges or come from sub par public schools. If someone is smart they will do well wherever they go. That\'s not to say this program isn\'t offering a great education.
I think of in person as a licensed teacher teaching every minute of the class and available for extra work, etc. There is no way that is happening. There is no profile of teacher that would do this. It will be a special ed aide that didn't get re-hired in Weymouth due to budget cuts sitting in the corner of the room with a phone number for Edgenuity tech support. That will be their in person and will be technically right.
lol ok.

Why is nobody bringing up the fact that Poulin’s side piece paid for it with all that stroller dough?

So if it’s not accredited, will the graduates need to take the GED exam to get into colleges in certain states, or to qualify for (gasps) financial aid?

Anon
Did they allow spectators? Heard players only due to ongoing construction.
No parents allowed in to the rink yesterday. Apparently still under construction in some parts, and players only until the building inspection is complete.

The dorms are still an open foundation, and they're a bit of a walk from the rinks. Given the available space, thought they might have situated the dorms closer to the rink.

that's interesting because I was there Monday night with quite a few other parents and siblings of kids skating.

Just got an email from Lovell saying no parents or spectators allowed inside.

Must have been decided after Monday. Probably not safe

SO the real question no one is asking is what does it cost to attend this holy grail?

anon
SO the real question no one is asking is what does it cost to attend this holy grail?
If you have to ask then it’s not for you.

Prep school prices.

So, I guess there’s now open ice available at that Shangri-La known as Pilgrim Rink?

Anon
So, I guess there’s now open ice available at that Shangri-La known as Pilgrim Rink?
You guys always underestimate the Lovell’s.

No open ice. They made a new program out of Hingham that took all the advantage ice.

Anon
anon

Prep school prices.
50 to 70 grand for a ****ty education and some hockey development is what you are telling me? How stupid are people? No aid so it's all out of pocket. Jesus at least if your dropping a pot full of coin for a prep school you end up in a good college because at the end of the day your hockey career is going to end. Fools

anon
Anon
anon

Prep school prices.
50 to 70 grand for a ****ty education and some hockey development is what you are telling me? How stupid are people? No aid so it's all out of pocket. Jesus at least if your dropping a pot full of coin for a prep school you end up in a good college because at the end of the day your hockey career is going to end. Fools
Dude chill have a drink or something. You seem to be taking this personally. There are many soccer academies in Europe that parents send kids to. I assume there are hockey academies in Canada parents send kids to. I know someone who went to a ski academy in high school. Some people are into this kind of thing. My kids play hockey and I’m not sure I’d want to send them to a hockey academy but that’s just me. Why do you care so much about what someone else does with their kids ? Are you worried this program will be successful?

Anon
anon
Anon
anon

Prep school prices.
50 to 70 grand for a ****ty education and some hockey development is what you are telling me? How stupid are people? No aid so it\'s all out of pocket. Jesus at least if your dropping a pot full of coin for a prep school you end up in a good college because at the end of the day your hockey career is going to end. Fools
Dude chill have a drink or something. You seem to be taking this personally. There are many soccer academies in Europe that parents send kids to. I assume there are hockey academies in Canada parents send kids to. I know someone who went to a ski academy in high school. Some people are into this kind of thing. My kids play hockey and I’m not sure I’d want to send them to a hockey academy but that’s just me. Why do you care so much about what someone else does with their kids ? Are you worried this program will be successful?
Worried they will be successful? What is the measure of success? For a female to get into college and play? Is it playing D1, D3? Is it playing at Quinnipiac or Dartmouth? What is it on the boys side? Off to 2nd or 3rd rate juniors. 1st tier juniors? D1 vs D3? As the guy above said. At the end of the day your hockey career ends and you are left with your academics.

True. A lot of professional hockey players find themselves jobless once it’s all over, especially if they’re still young. Gotta have a back up plan.

So it’s gonna be the next NESV ???

Anon
Anon
Pretty cool
Facilities are amazing

Tim and Joe are directly involved along with their top few guys that have been there forever.

Some of the top players from all over the country are there already.

But, the impressive part is going to be the academics. They will blow every other academy out of the water within a year or so !

This is big
You
Must be the cuck behind the owner.

Anon
Anon
Anon
Pretty cool
Facilities are amazing

Tim and Joe are directly involved along with their top few guys that have been there forever.

Some of the top players from all over the country are there already.

But, the impressive part is going to be the academics. They will blow every other academy out of the water within a year or so !

This is big
You
Must be the cuck behind the owner.
Nah. Just ahead of the curve once again.

Remember years ago on here when everyone made fun of the baby blue new program that wasn’t EHF. And now everyone has to include the disclaimer “except BA” in their posts.

You probably don’t. But. This is pretty much the same.

Is the rink actually open to spectators yet? I think they have a tournament there this weekend, be funny to see how they handle telling all the parents they can't enter the rink.

Good question....we signed up for a tournament this weekend and now I see messaging that its closed to spectators for skills. Anyone know if its open?

Supposedly will be open for the tournament. I also dont see live barn as an option currently. If its an inspection that is holding spectators up it will be interesting to see what happens if they dont get one before Friday. If COVID taught us anything its that parents dont appreciate being left out of the rink... I could see teams (parents) not letting their kids go into the building and just torpedoing the tournament..

Seems the academy has more game rooms than classrooms….

What's the name of the place and where is it located?

And does this mean Hingham Youth Hockey can now skate a Pilgrim once again instead of searching all over the southshore for ice? ?

Hingham youth hockey already does skate at pilgrim. I would see them practicing there every week.