email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dusters

Anon
Less than a month away from the start of 2023, is your boys/girls team ready to rock or are you worried half the team has not skated since tryouts?

Has anyone gotten a schedule yet (FED, E9, Town)?
I’m worried half the team hasn’t skated

Rumor on my kids peewee team is that a couple of the dads are upset because kids aren’t putting in the off-season work.

Just a little, e-9 team and no schedule posted yet, no skating as a team yet, crickets from the coaches …
Just frustrating .. kid has been doing off ice .. plus a few clinics during the week but still would be nice to get schedule, ( games, showcases, and what ever else is needed uniforms included …

Plenty of open skate/stick and puck available all summer. few decent tournaments and camps. roller hockey.... shooting puck in the driveway... i understand that no one is perfect, but those who really want it don't have to be told to "put in the work"...no matter what league, and no matter what your elite status is in life, the cream always rises to the top.

If your kid has been skating consistently since tryouts you’re an idiot. Have fun bringing your kid to get new hips at 17.

So it’s ok to play soccer, basketball, lax or any other sport consistently but not skate a couple days a week without tearing your hips! You sir are a Duster! 😂

Yes running is natural skating is not… retard.

wrong. look up hip labral tear and hip impingement in hockey players. Dr. Google.

Only if your kid is a goalie. Then you may indeed have a point.

Anon
Goalies get better over the summer. There is zero development in team practices during the season.

anon
Anon
Goalies get better over the summer. There is zero development in team practices during the season.
I hear you. But now that my kid is in h.s., we know more than one goalie his age facing significant hip surgery and/or being told they have to give up playing in net. Overuse.

My goalie is on the lower spectrum of the EHF elite goalies. He does skills one a week during the summer and a couple of tournaments here and there if he's asked. He's playing baseball 90% of the summer. I'm not worried about other goalies that are better than him getting better than him because he's unvaccinated and I know most of those elite stooge parents jabbed their kid up as soon as they heard they can't enter Canada. Poor kids will have a life full of conditions!

Goalie dad
My goalie is on the lower spectrum of the EHF elite goalies. He does skills one a week during the summer and a couple of tournaments here and there if he's asked. He's playing baseball 90% of the summer. I'm not worried about other goalies that are better than him getting better than him because he's unvaccinated and I know most of those elite stooge parents jabbed their kid up as soon as they heard they can't enter Canada. Poor kids will have a life full of conditions!
Unfortunately I think you are serious…..

You'll never be hungry if you don't stop eating.

I asked another dad if his bender who he thinks is elite how many weeks he’s had off the ice in 2022. Poor kid hasn’t had one week off the ice in over a year. 2010 by.

Anon
I asked another dad if his bender who he thinks is elite how many weeks he’s had off the ice in 2022. Poor kid hasn’t had one week off the ice in over a year. 2010 by.
He's going to the show

Your elite next level bender isn’t skating daily in July and with at least 2 weekend tournaments….where is your head at? 5 Min Major for negligent indifference…you sit in the box and feel shame!

If your kid needs to skate 12 months a yr to dominate ****ty mass hockey then he’s not going anywhere anyways. My kid skated just his regular season until high school then increased that to skating 8 to 9 months a yr and is now skating a regular shift in Hockey East. Stop trying to make the NHL at 10 yrs old and let the kids be kids. Nobody gives a **** where you’re bender played his youth hockey.

Yea, my kid skates at Hockey East….More like the Middle East! 😝

Yeah because lot’s of Hockey East parents frequent the youth hockey D board. F—ken Losah!