Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Locker Rooms

Yes you are crazy. Just ask the person at rink for the key to locker room. I am sure they locked because they don’t want them being trashed or they don’t want a lawsuit for something happening in an unused, unattended locker room.

I have never seen an entire team of girls get refused a locker over the course of 16 years with 2 daughters. On my sons team the goalie is a gal and she dresses in the broom closet, ref room or on the side of the rink almost every game.

Am I Crazy?
So why is it again that the girls can\\\\\\\'t get their own locker rooms? and I\\\\\\\'m not talking about jamming 19 girls into one of the ref\\\\\\\'s locker room at 146. I as a parent felt saddened that it\\\\\\\'s 2022 and these girls have to change out by the water fountain. 13/14 year old girls...pathetic!!! theres literally 8 other locker rooms they have the right use... why not unlock them?? Unless ownership has that much money to just pay off lawsiuts. Because my friends, it\\\\\\\'s going to happen.
Yes you are.

If there is an issue, address it in the moment instead of being a keyboard warrior. Try being an adult and resolve the issue instead automatically jumping to conflict and lawsuits.

When males were changing in the lobby/parking-lot/tailgates-of-cars during covid, were you complaining?

PS: Did you post this on your facebook page too?

well thank you for the advise... not sure why the facebook thing came about or keyboard warrior, but a simple ask the rink guys to open it for your daughter and niece would have been fine. every time we play around here there only one "rink Guy" and hes on the zamboni. and yes, we've done our share of tailgate changing room. thank you again for the help. you've met every expectation i had of apparent angry hockey dads with boys that get a free show watching my kids take their shirts off. good bye.

Am I Crazy?
well thank you for the advise... not sure why the facebook thing came about or keyboard warrior, but a simple ask the rink guys to open it for your daughter and niece would have been fine. every time we play around here there only one "rink Guy" and hes on the zamboni. and yes, we've done our share of tailgate changing room. thank you again for the help. you've met every expectation i had of apparent angry hockey dads with boys that get a free show watching my kids take their shirts off. good bye.
Man what a prude. Exert some effort and get a key. Most people arrive an hour before the game so the guy isn't on the zam the whole time. Having had 2 girls that have played I have never encountered the locker room for girls problem except when my older one played on a boys team at bantam. She just wore her unders to the rink and got changed wherever we could find a spot. Sometimes in a small rink she would just get dressed sitting in a chair on the side of the rink. We were the ones playing boys hockey so I wasn't expecting a separate locker just for her although more times then not, we got one. If not, we made due. Not a big deal at all.