Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What Up With Ripa

What's up with Joe Ripa and the Mass Avalanche?

Re: What Up With Ripa

Have heard both good and bad.

My kid played for him a few tournaments ago. Good guy and my kid liked him. Would play for him again.

Quality guy.

RG
Quality guy.
Guy tried playing business man bob while sharpening skates for a living. You people would pay a janitor to coach your kid if he lied and said your kid was good and not ugly like his mother.

President of Mass Avalanche
Something is up with this guy. His teams are not allowed to play in Beantown.

Because he’s doesn’t pay his bills

Owes a lot of money to a lot of people - some tournaments cut him off

My kid has played for him, likes him a lot, gives players great feedback and does a great job coaching on the bench. For whatever reason, the issue seems to be collecting funds from parents (some are always trying to cut a deal) and being organized. Kid is young and has a lot to learn on the business side. But I like him, my son likes him and I pay for my son to play (unlike some who never pay up and brag about it).

I agree. Good guy, but disorganized. Played with his team. Won a tournament. Strong player. Fun summer hockey. As the previous poster said he is young and learns the ropes. Anyone trying to short change him should be banned from hockey.

He "may" be a good guy although I have no idea, I can 100% assure you he's stiffed almost every tournament out of money that he owes them and has a number of small claims suits against him for non payment. If you collect money from parents, pay your tournament fees. If you neglect or are unsuccessful collecting money from parents, have the courtesy of letting rinks know and they will pull your teams from the tournament. You're only as good as your work Joe, tough to regain a tarnished re****tion , especially when it comes to finances.

President of Mass Avalanche
Bad news. Owes lots and lots of money to lots and lots of people.

He doesn’t charge kids to play. His girlfriend is quite upset as she thought there was an understanding that she was with him for money and gifts. Poor Joe.

On a positive note I heard the rats found out about his ability to give 14 year olds youth hockey scholarships and quickly moved quickly to secure this bright prospect. He still telling people he played d3 when he was the first cut in Wentworth hockey history and played club or is the truth in the mail with the checks?

Anon
He doesn’t charge kids to play. His girlfriend is quite upset as she thought there was an understanding that she was with him for money and gifts. Poor Joe.

On a positive note I heard the rats found out about his ability to give 14 year olds youth hockey scholarships and quickly moved quickly to secure this bright prospect. He still telling people he played d3 when he was the first cut in Wentworth hockey history and played club or is the truth in the mail with the checks?
The Rats...of course they offered him a spot...bunch of clueless, greedy knuckle heads leading that org...

My son is supposed to play on the Avalanche team this fall but we haven't heard anything about the schedule yet - anyone have information to share? Thanks