Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How is it determined what league teams are in?

Simple answer is Money all these leagues are businesses with affiliations to organizations that are also for profit so decisions are made based of what’s best for their pockets and not necessarily the kids unfortunately. That’s why you see teams with auto bids to the top leagues getting smashed vs being moved down.

I also don't understand why teams from E9 an EHF can't play each other?

It does happen at tournaments occasionally but you will never see it on a large scale bc of egos.

Anon
It does happen at tournaments occasionally but you will never see it on a large scale bc of egos.
But i absolutely know of teams in the E9 that would destroy teams in the EHF.

The Breakers are an example of a team in the EHF that just don't have very good players. I've seen kids not make E9 teams and end up on breakers elite teams.

anon
wow 40 views in a short amount of time but no answers.
Probably because the answer is obvious. $$$ and who controls or has an influence on the league.

`

Anon
anon
Probably because the answer is obvious. $$$ and who controls or has an influence on the league.

`
I guess I dont get it. Who has influence over the EHF? The EHF has more money than E9? that doesnt seem so obvious to me.

anon
Anon
anon

`
I guess I dont get it. Who has influence over the EHF? The EHF has more money than E9? that doesnt seem so obvious to me.
I'm guessing because of how it used to be. I think the EHF formed first and it was only elite teams and the owners made a bunch of dumb rules that made it seem like a pro club setting. So from the onset they usually had the best of the best players and, historically, that kept drawing the best of the best. Introduce the e9 later on and they just don't have the same re****tion, early on didn't own their own rinks and couldn't provide the same scheduling because of it. Now, the playing field is more leveled but EHF still holds the edge over the E9.

If they all got their act together, you might see the true best of the best always playing each other instead of a pool of watered down teams.

But, all this is pointless and meaningless until u14 and up.

So kids have to try out every year for these teams right ? I can't imagine an 8 year old will be on the same team until college. Maybe they don't improve and get cut, does that happen often ?

Anon
So kids have to try out every year for these teams right ? I can't imagine an 8 year old will be on the same team until college. Maybe they don't improve and get cut, does that happen often ?
First, If the coach is not an a—hole they hardly ever need to cut a kid because they infirm the parents well before tryouts of the danger and most people use that time to skate with and find a new team. Second if you think you’re getting a spot on any decent team Fed or E9 by showing up at tryouts, the organization thanks you for your donation.

Dale Arnold
Anon
So kids have to try out every year for these teams right ? I can\'t imagine an 8 year old will be on the same team until college. Maybe they don\'t improve and get cut, does that happen often ?
First, If the coach is not an a—hole they hardly ever need to cut a kid because they infirm the parents well before tryouts of the danger and most people use that time to skate with and find a new team. Second if you think you’re getting a spot on any decent team Fed or E9 by showing up at tryouts, the organization thanks you for your donation.
Yeah that's what i'm saying. Just because you make a certain elite team at 8 doesn't mean you be on that team for good. I'm sure some parents get to keep their kid on a team if they know someone though...

It is crazy in my eyes that there are a few teams that are in the selects division this year that were terrible last year and a lower division. They are just gonna be canon fodder for the few good teams that are in selects.

Anon
It is crazy in my eyes that there are a few teams that are in the selects division this year that were terrible last year and a lower division. They are just gonna be canon fodder for the few good teams that are in selects.
what teams are you referring to?

U18 this year, Flames, Boch, BJT Red. Not saying we are some type of super team but we were top 2 in standings and lost in Semis.

How’d you pull that off with out having playoffs in U-18 last year?

Hmmmmmm Captain Boo-****