Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How is it determined what league teams are in?

Dale Arnold
Anon
So kids have to try out every year for these teams right ? I can\'t imagine an 8 year old will be on the same team until college. Maybe they don\'t improve and get cut, does that happen often ?
First, If the coach is not an a—hole they hardly ever need to cut a kid because they infirm the parents well before tryouts of the danger and most people use that time to skate with and find a new team. Second if you think you’re getting a spot on any decent team Fed or E9 by showing up at tryouts, the organization thanks you for your donation.
Yeah that's what i'm saying. Just because you make a certain elite team at 8 doesn't mean you be on that team for good. I'm sure some parents get to keep their kid on a team if they know someone though...

It is crazy in my eyes that there are a few teams that are in the selects division this year that were terrible last year and a lower division. They are just gonna be canon fodder for the few good teams that are in selects.

Anon
It is crazy in my eyes that there are a few teams that are in the selects division this year that were terrible last year and a lower division. They are just gonna be canon fodder for the few good teams that are in selects.
what teams are you referring to?

U18 this year, Flames, Boch, BJT Red. Not saying we are some type of super team but we were top 2 in standings and lost in Semis.

How’d you pull that off with out having playoffs in U-18 last year?

Hmmmmmm Captain Boo-****