Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: EHF is a joke

Best answer in dboard history. Thank you.

Anon
The only BA team that could compete in ehf is the 11 team. The 09, 10, and 12 teams would be decent platinum teams in the ehf.

Other than a few teams, the e9 is not close to anything other than the worst ehf elite teams. The middle of the pack ehf teams are better than just about every e9 team.
I disagree

Ok thanks BA mom. What year is your kid?

This debate is getting real old. Sick of it getting regurgitated every few years with new parents talking about 9,12,14….

You guys are missing the big picture.

BA doesn’t want to be part of EHF.

They pride themselves on not being part of ehf. Not having kids play in the brick or the Q or other things that people feel they have to do. They just have their kids play against and with other Lovell kids for the most part.

When you look at the older kids. This has proven to work. Lots of college kids never did a single thing outside of Lovell Hockey.

Anon
This debate is getting real old. Sick of it getting regurgitated every few years with new parents talking about 9,12,14….

They pride themselves on not being part of ehf. Not having kids play in the brick or the Q or other things that people feel they have to do. They just have their kids play against and with other Lovell kids for the most part.

When you look at the older kids. This has proven to work. Lots of college kids never did a single thing outside of Lovell Hockey.

A lot of the BA kids play for junior bruins which does do the Q though. Lovell would prefer they not do jr bruins though even though his daughter did it one year

I've also heard they don't want to be part of the EHF even though they could be. On their sites they really don't even mention anything about being part of the E9. So much of the program is just focused on skills/dev and not what league they're part of. As has been mentioned before their teams do frequently play in tournaments against competitive teams

Exposure cup is coming up and they'll have teams in that hosting at the new rink playing against tougher EHF teams and teams from other parts of the country.

Totally wrong again. Advantage has tried to get into the ehf and they can’t. Advantage never wins tournaments against the better competition. Lovell doesn’t want his players playing for other teams because he wants all the money, They don’t care about development. Just keep paying the money for all the camps and extra super skills . You have no clue what you are talking about so stop spreading your nonsense.

Anon
Totally wrong again. Advantage has tried to get into the ehf and they can’t. Advantage never wins tournaments against the better competition. Lovell doesn’t want his players playing for other teams because he wants all the money, They don’t care about development. Just keep paying the money for all the camps and extra super skills . You have no clue what you are talking about so stop spreading your nonsense.
ha jealous. BA does not want to be part of EHF. They can get in...no doubt about that.

I heard when BA first came in the scene EHF wouldn't let them in. Fast forward a few years later EHF said ok come on in and BA was basically like go screw. So there's bad blood there

Absolutely false. BA would be in the ehf if they could get in.

Anon
Absolutely false. BA would be in the ehf if they could get in.
Nope. They do not want to be in the EHF.

Anon

BA program does nothing special and their track record isnt impressive but don't let actual facts ruin your blue kool aid drink. BA doesn't put any more kids in college than any other program out there. They started with an 02 team and I think there is 1 playing in college right now and that's his own kid....

anon
Anon

BA program does nothing special and their track record isnt impressive but don't let actual facts ruin your blue kool aid drink. BA doesn't put any more kids in college than any other program out there. They started with an 02 team and I think there is 1 playing in college right now and that's his own kid....
Ryan Healy and will McDonough just came to mine. Both at Harvard. They're doing something right.

anon
Anon

The EHF teams do nothing special either. Maybe the eagles once you get to the older ages.

Look at the bandits and breakers. Awful teams and players.

Anon
anon
Anon

BA program does nothing special and their track record isnt impressive but don\'t let actual facts ruin your blue kool aid drink. BA doesn\'t put any more kids in college than any other program out there. They started with an 02 team and I think there is 1 playing in college right now and that\'s his own kid....
The EHF teams do nothing special either. Maybe the eagles once you get to the older ages.

Breakers have more players playing college hockey than BA. Don't let facts get in your way.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon

BA program does nothing special and their track record isnt impressive but don\\\'t let actual facts ruin your blue kool aid drink. BA doesn\\\'t put any more kids in college than any other program out there. They started with an 02 team and I think there is 1 playing in college right now and that\\\'s his own kid....

Breakers have more players playing college hockey than BA. Don't let facts get in your way.
Breakers are pathetic. Particularly at the younger levels. No development at all.

You are pathetic. Your kid probably got cut by the Breakers so now you are bashing them. How do you know so much about the Breakers development of younger kids?

Anon
You are pathetic. Your kid probably got cut by the Breakers so now you are bashing them. How do you know so much about the Breakers development of younger kids?
He would be the star of the team if he played on the breakers. by far.

ha, clearly a breakers parents.

What team is your kid on?

anon
Anon
anon
Anon

BA program does nothing special and their track record isnt impressive but don\\\'t let actual facts ruin your blue kool aid drink. BA doesn\\\'t put any more kids in college than any other program out there. They started with an 02 team and I think there is 1 playing in college right now and that\\\'s his own kid....

I don't have any numbers, apparently you do which is weird but breakers have been around at least 10 years longer than BA so yeah ...

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

BA program does nothing special and their track record isnt impressive but don\\\\\\\'t let actual facts ruin your blue kool aid drink. BA doesn\\\\\\\'t put any more kids in college than any other program out there. They started with an 02 team and I think there is 1 playing in college right now and that\\\\\\\'s his own kid....

Breakers have more players playing college hockey than BA. Don\'t let facts get in your way.
I don't have any numbers, apparently you do which is weird but breakers have been around at least 10 years longer than BA so yeah ...
Don't let facts get in your way! BAs first team was in 02' and they should be in college at this point. Breakers since 02 have more players in college than BA and if you include girls teams in not close. BA does nothing special except cash a lot more checks.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

BA program does nothing special and their track record isnt impressive but don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t let actual facts ruin your blue kool aid drink. BA doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t put any more kids in college than any other program out there. They started with an 02 team and I think there is 1 playing in college right now and that\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s his own kid....

Breakers have more players playing college hockey than BA. Don\\\'t let facts get in your way.
I don\'t have any numbers, apparently you do which is weird but breakers have been around at least 10 years longer than BA so yeah ...
Don't let facts get in your way! BAs first team was in 02' and they should be in college at this point. Breakers since 02 have more players in college than BA and if you include girls teams in not close. BA does nothing special except cash a lot more checks.
so this is all based on who sends more players to college directly? As is often said here there are also plenty of kids who get developed by BA and then might go play for another team. Name some breakers kids who were breakers kids their whole hockey career AND went on to play college hockey. I bet there's 1 or none.

anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

BA program does nothing special and their track record isnt impressive but don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t let actual facts ruin your blue kool aid drink. BA doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t put any more kids in college than any other program out there. They started with an 02 team and I think there is 1 playing in college right now and that\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s his own kid....

Breakers have more players playing college hockey than BA. Don\\\\\\\'t let facts get in your way.
I don\\\'t have any numbers, apparently you do which is weird but breakers have been around at least 10 years longer than BA so yeah ...
Don\'t let facts get in your way! BAs first team was in 02\' and they should be in college at this point. Breakers since 02 have more players in college than BA and if you include girls teams in not close. BA does nothing special except cash a lot more checks.
so this is all based on who sends more players to college directly? As is often said here there are also plenty of kids who get developed by BA and then might go play for another team. Name some breakers kids who were breakers kids their whole hockey career AND went on to play college hockey. I bet there's 1 or none.
So now you are changing your tune? I thought it was about who sends more kids to college programs?

anon
anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

BA program does nothing special and their track record isnt impressive but don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t let actual facts ruin your blue kool aid drink. BA doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t put any more kids in college than any other program out there. They started with an 02 team and I think there is 1 playing in college right now and that\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s his own kid....

Breakers have more players playing college hockey than BA. Don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t let facts get in your way.
I don\\\\\\\'t have any numbers, apparently you do which is weird but breakers have been around at least 10 years longer than BA so yeah ...
Don\\\'t let facts get in your way! BAs first team was in 02\\\' and they should be in college at this point. Breakers since 02 have more players in college than BA and if you include girls teams in not close. BA does nothing special except cash a lot more checks.
so this is all based on who sends more players to college directly? As is often said here there are also plenty of kids who get developed by BA and then might go play for another team. Name some breakers kids who were breakers kids their whole hockey career AND went on to play college hockey. I bet there\'s 1 or none.
So now you are changing your tune? I thought it was about who sends more kids to college programs?
I personally never said anything about that.

but as someone else pointed out - Ryan Healy and Will McDonough. Those are some pretty nice success stories.

Drew Commesso ( bu ) and. Derek Mullahy (Harvard). Those are some pretty good success stories for the Breakers.

anon
anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

BA program does nothing special and their track record isnt impressive but don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t let actual facts ruin your blue kool aid drink. BA doesn\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t put any more kids in college than any other program out there. They started with an 02 team and I think there is 1 playing in college right now and that\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s his own kid....

Breakers have more players playing college hockey than BA. Don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t let facts get in your way.
I don\\\\\\\'t have any numbers, apparently you do which is weird but breakers have been around at least 10 years longer than BA so yeah ...
Don\\\'t let facts get in your way! BAs first team was in 02\\\' and they should be in college at this point. Breakers since 02 have more players in college than BA and if you include girls teams in not close. BA does nothing special except cash a lot more checks.
so this is all based on who sends more players to college directly? As is often said here there are also plenty of kids who get developed by BA and then might go play for another team. Name some breakers kids who were breakers kids their whole hockey career AND went on to play college hockey. I bet there\'s 1 or none.
This is why EHF is a joke, parents like this! Have fun at the breakers bud. The bandits are also recruiting at all age levels. Have fun!

Anon
anon
Anon

BA program does nothing special and their track record isnt impressive but don\'t let actual facts ruin your blue kool aid drink. BA doesn\'t put any more kids in college than any other program out there. They started with an 02 team and I think there is 1 playing in college right now and that\'s his own kid....

bandits have players at yale, unh, umass, stonehill & St. As just to name a few.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon

bandits have players at yale, unh, umass, stonehill & St. As just to name a few.
shocking

The biggest joke is on the parents. You all think it matters where your kid plays. It does not. He or she does not care but you do because you are trying to justify the money you spend on a game. When they hit high school, no coach ever is going to give them a spot based on where they came from, only on what they look like then. However, you keyboard heroes are the ones that make this site fun to read. So, keep it up.

ANON:
The biggest joke is on the parents. You all think it matters where your kid plays. It does not. He or she does not care but you do because you are trying to justify the money you spend on a game. When they hit high school, no coach ever is going to give them a spot based on where they came from, only on what they look like then. However, you keyboard heroes are the ones that make this site fun to read. So, keep it up.
Oh of course this is true. Plenty of kids just aren't good at hockey regardless of where they play.

Anon
Anon
When Clemson beats South Carolina in college football, does that mean the ACC is better than the SEC? No, it means that Clemson is better than a lot of teams in the SEC, just like Advantage (or team XYZ) is better than a bunch of teams in the Fed. It still doesn\\\'t change what is the best league. But with all that said, focus on whether your kid is having fun and getting better wherever they are playing rather than worrying about the leagues. Remember, it\\\'s a marathon. Who knows, maybe your kid will make it big time just like Hunter Renfrow, who walked on to Clemson.
I agree and BA should be in the EHF. They\'d have better competition and could absolutely compete
There was a time when BA completely dominated the E9. Those days are long gone.

I've seen people say on here time and time again that BA just 'collects checks'. If parents continue to give them checks then they're obviously doing well.

Why is there always so much BA bashing here ? Feels like BA is the MOST mentioned team here.

the only teams worth playing for in the EHF are Eagles or Islanders.

anon
Thanks BA dad.

Anon
anon
Thanks BA dad.
Nope, not a BA parent

anon
Anon
anon
Thanks BA dad.
Nope, not a BA parent
I don't have a dog in this fight, but the standings paint an interesting picture. The only BA teams with a winning record are the 2013's and 2014's. Lovell Winter club also has a winning record in the 2011 and 2015 divisions. It goes without saying, that the 2011 team is outstanding and would dominate their own age group. However, I'm not seeing consistent BA dominance across the board.

https://e9.vahockey.com/pages/standings/boys-2022-23/

I noticed that as well. Seems like the '13s and 14's are dominating but that's about it. It's also only Oct 3rd.

I dont see an EHF team that is dominating either.

I often hear people say all of E9 stinks except BA...so what do these standings mean? other teams are maybe getting better in the E9?

JESUS. How long until they move the 14' BA team up?

ANON
JESUS. How long until they move the 14' BA team up?
They can't. They didn't that last year and aren't allowed to this year

*did that last year*

God. You guys are pathetic.

They should have already done it.

But I can’t wait til the Lovell’s start their own league. And just play against other Lovell teams.

Secondly. You sound like an idiot when you compare breakers and BA and mentions girls teams.

And while irrelevant, it is unequivocally false that breakers have more kids in college than BA. In fact. I am struggling to think of one kid from Breakers in past few years.

Let me know of another program that’s junior team has had the majority of the kids for their entire youth career.

Anon

But I can’t wait til the Lovell’s start their own league. And just play against other Lovell teams.

Secondly. You sound like an idiot when you compare breakers and BA and mentions girls teams.

And while irrelevant, it is unequivocally false that breakers have more kids in college than BA. In fact. I am struggling to think of one kid from Breakers in past few years.

Let me know of another program that’s junior team has had the majority of the kids for their entire youth career.
I have actually heard that they wanted to start their own league as they don't want to be part of EHF or E9.

Anon

You want facts then lets go there.

Breakers playing college (DC @ BU, DM @ Harvard, CC @ Stonehill, JS @ BUW)
BA playing college (TL @ Arizona St, EH @ Harvard)

Go ahead.....

Breakers girls have more combined college placements than BA ever will.

anon
Anon

Go ahead.....

From what I've heard the Breakers have a good girls team or at least a team/program that girls want to be a part of. Perhaps the program is investing the majority of their time/money there because the boys program seems to be in the toilet. They are in last place in the majority of birth years.

anon
Anon

Go ahead.....

Wow. ok

There is a reason Breakers website lists girls comitted...and no boys. But, here ya go

This is literally off the top of my head from the past few years

SD - BU
TL - ASU
JR - UNH
NR - UNH
RH - Harvard
BG - Maine
AG - Maine
LP - Northeastern
PH - Merrimac

I left off the players in the NHL

You lose credibility and sound insane when you tout Breakers college players.

Anon
anon
Anon

Go ahead.....

Wow. ok

There is a reason Breakers website lists girls comitted...and no boys. But, here ya go

SD - BU
TL - ASU
JR - UNH
NR - UNH
RH - Harvard
BG - Maine
AG - Maine
LP - Northeastern
PH - Merrimac

HAHA....players that took a skill lesson and BA now takes credit for them? Also committing to a college doesn't mean they will ever play there. You tossed out a bunch of Initials that maybe 2 actually play college currently. If a kid played juniors for BA you take credit for that too?

anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Go ahead.....

Wow. ok

SD - BU
TL - ASU
JR - UNH
NR - UNH
RH - Harvard
BG - Maine
AG - Maine
LP - Northeastern
PH - Merrimac

HAHA....players that took a skill lesson and BA now takes credit for them? Also committing to a college doesn't mean they will ever play there. You tossed out a bunch of Initials that maybe 2 actually play college currently. If a kid played juniors for BA you take credit for that too?
You are exposing your ignorance.

Every kid mentioned literally played nowhere else. Lifelong Lovell kids.

Just looking at the Gaudette’s who have done nothing outside of Lovell. That is one family that equals the breakers college commits.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Go ahead.....

Wow. ok

SD - BU
TL - ASU
JR - UNH
NR - UNH
RH - Harvard
BG - Maine
AG - Maine
LP - Northeastern
PH - Merrimac

Just looking at the Gaudette’s who have done nothing outside of Lovell. That is one family that equals the breakers college commits.

Blue kool aid drinker - its impossible for Guadettes and LP to play for Lovell teams as the first BA team was for 2002 birth year. Great attempt though at false marketing.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Go ahead.....

Wow. ok

SD - BU
TL - ASU
JR - UNH
NR - UNH
RH - Harvard
BG - Maine
AG - Maine
LP - Northeastern
PH - Merrimac

HAHA....players that took a skill lesson and BA now takes credit for them? Also committing to a college doesn\'t mean they will ever play there. You tossed out a bunch of Initials that maybe 2 actually play college currently. If a kid played juniors for BA you take credit for that too?

Blue kool aid drinker - its impossible for Guadettes and LP to play for Lovell teams as the first BA team was for 2002 birth year. Great attempt though at false marketing.
Ryan Healy, Tim Busconi, Will McDonough.

anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Go ahead.....

Wow. ok

SD - BU
TL - ASU
JR - UNH
NR - UNH
RH - Harvard
BG - Maine
AG - Maine
LP - Northeastern
PH - Merrimac

Those kids were doing skills and camps and privates prior.

Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon
anon
Anon

Go ahead.....

Wow. ok

SD - BU
TL - ASU
JR - UNH
NR - UNH
RH - Harvard
BG - Maine
AG - Maine
LP - Northeastern
PH - Merrimac

HAHA....players that took a skill lesson and BA now takes credit for them? Also committing to a college doesn\'t mean they will ever play there. You tossed out a bunch of Initials that maybe 2 actually play college currently. If a kid played juniors for BA you take credit for that too?

Those kids were doing skills and camps and privates prior.
so what?? Is there anyone out there who ONLY ever took lessons from just one org?? I'd be surprised as all hell if that's the case. I see kids who play for the Eagles which is apparently THE team to play on in MA these days and none of them are just learning/developing through the Eagles org. They are putting pics of themselves going to places like Will O'neill, elev802, 101percentalways.com and other private lessons.

I don't think there's a league or even a team who can take full responsibility for someone's success. It really kind of comes down to the skill/talent of the kid along with what the parent is willing to do.