Visit The DBoard Online Store - https://www.cafepress.com/icehockeydboard

Click Here to Visit Our Facebook Page

email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lots of league bashing and it's October 2nd

Maybe it's time to take a look at the team, the coach, the other players, the other parents or your own freakin' kid before you bash a league because you're unhappy about something.

At the younger ages the practices and developmental piece are the most important parts.

Re: Lots of league bashing and it's October 2nd

So true. EHF teams don't have to develop kids at all because the parents stay because of the league. Terrible skills and practices from what I've seen and heard. E9 has to develop your kid or risk losing them to EHF elite. Tons of kids made the move this year over to Lovell teams from fed elite and play alternate on fed elite. They get the best of both worlds.

Thanks BA mom. You have no clue about development. Tons of kids kids did not make the move to Lovell. Actually a bunch of kids left to play in the ehf. The 2011 team will probably have kids leaving next year as well. Mites do not really count. You are playing teams that have kids that can hardly skate. As you get older you will see that one or two kids can’t go end to end and score goals.

How can you make the comment that an entire league has "terrible practices?" That is absurd.

Anon
How can you make the comment that an entire league has "terrible practices?" That is absurd.
It is what it is. I didn't even make the comment but some teams run much better practices than others. Practices and skills are important at the dev stage. Think about it : teams practice about 3 days a week then have two, sometimes 1, heck sometimes no games on a weekend

Of course practices are important, but they vary from team to team based on coaching. To say an entire league has bad practices is ridiculous. Leagues aren't in charge of practice plans. Programs aren't in charge of practice plans. Coaches are.

Anon
Most EHF skills are run by random people. The terriers had terrible skills. Flames don't get any and I heard SSK have to pay extra. I don't know if E9 has better systems but this is the failure of club hockey.

Team player
So true. EHF teams don't have to develop kids at all because the parents stay because of the league. Terrible skills and practices from what I've seen and heard. E9 has to develop your kid or risk losing them to EHF elite. Tons of kids made the move this year over to Lovell teams from fed elite and play alternate on fed elite. They get the best of both worlds.
Elite winter club!

Anon
Maybe it's time to take a look at the team, the coach, the other players, the other parents or your own freakin' kid before you bash a league because you're unhappy about something.

At the younger ages the practices and developmental piece are the most important parts.
Where else am I going to complain about the program and league my kid is in. The EHF team they are on is terrible. We made a mistake. They just rely on two kids going end to end, is that hockey?

Poopy pants
Anon
Maybe it\\\'s time to take a look at the team, the coach, the other players, the other parents or your own freakin\\\' kid before you bash a league because you\\\'re unhappy about something.

Where else am I going to complain about the program and league my kid is in. The EHF team they are on is terrible. We made a mistake. They just rely on two kids going end to end, is that hockey?
Played against BA this weekend. They had 10 selfish end to end rushes. Is that hockey?

ZzBotz
Poopy pants
Anon
Maybe it\\\\\\\'s time to take a look at the team, the coach, the other players, the other parents or your own freakin\\\\\\\' kid before you bash a league because you\\\\\\\'re unhappy about something.

Played against BA this weekend. They had 10 selfish end to end rushes. Is that hockey?
So your complaining that the team you played against didn't pass ? If they scored on the rushes/breakaways not sure what the problem is.

Anon
ZzBotz
Poopy pants
Anon
Maybe it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s time to take a look at the team, the coach, the other players, the other parents or your own freakin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' kid before you bash a league because you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unhappy about something.

So your complaining that the team you played against didn't pass ? If they scored on the rushes/breakaways not sure what the problem is.
Look lady, if you don't know how hockey is supposed to be played, then don't post on here with a reply that displays your lack of knowledge so clearly.

Sure, end to end rushes are cool to watch once or twice a game. They are rarely attempted and even less rarely scored on at the older ages (14 and over).

The game is meant to be played using all your players on the ice, not just one or two.

Kids are supposed to move the puck and skate. Pretty simple. If your kid is the one going end to end, of course you don't see a problem. But I bet his linemates hate playing with him because he won't pass the puck. Eventually everyone figures this out and just avoids him and won't pass it to him either.

The best player ever had almost twice as many assists as he did goals. The best players in the NHL today are the best playmakers unless they are a pure finisher, like Ovechkin or Matthews.

Good luck at your squirt and middle school games.

Anon
Anon
ZzBotz
Poopy pants
Anon
Maybe it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s time to take a look at the team, the coach, the other players, the other parents or your own freakin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' kid before you bash a league because you\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'re unhappy about something.

So your complaining that the team you played against didn\'t pass ? If they scored on the rushes/breakaways not sure what the problem is.
Look lady, if you don't know how hockey is supposed to be played, then don't post on here with a reply that displays your lack of knowledge so clearly.

Sure, end to end rushes are cool to watch once or twice a game. They are rarely attempted and even less rarely scored on at the older ages (14 and over).

The game is meant to be played using all your players on the ice, not just one or two.

Kids are supposed to move the puck and skate. Pretty simple. If your kid is the one going end to end, of course you don't see a problem. But I bet his linemates hate playing with him because he won't pass the puck. Eventually everyone figures this out and just avoids him and won't pass it to him either.

The best player ever had almost twice as many assists as he did goals. The best players in the NHL today are the best playmakers unless they are a pure finisher, like Ovechkin or Matthews.

Good luck at your squirt and middle school games.
I've seen some kids who are able to do breakaways because they're fast and they hustle. I've also seen kids pass the puck and it was a bad move. If a kid is capable of getting down the ice and scoring I don't see the problem. I see many kids do this to be honest. Passing is overrated.

Haha. That is one of the dumbest comments I have seen on here. The end to end rushes stop after mites. You have a lot to learn about hockey and player development.

E9 is garbage.

Anon
Haha. That is one of the dumbest comments I have seen on here. The end to end rushes stop after mites. You have a lot to learn about hockey and player development.
so this is exactly my point. If you have kids that are 8 and parents are obsessing over passing then they need to chill. Passing is a skill that comes with maturity.