email: icehockeydboard@yahoo.com

Youth Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Top 2 Ranked Tier 2 teams....

anon
are both tier 1 teams. The Boston Jr Terriers Elite team and the Cheee****waga Warriors (Last year's top Buffalo Regals team). How is this allowed? If there are no rules, why doesn't mid fairfield, gulls, or any tier 1 team declare themselves as tier 2 to sandbag and cheat to get a tier 2 trophy.
Yes, seen it happen before with other teams. Sometimes those teams hit a skid of bad luck at the Tier 1 level and they drop down for a couple to get a few wins and boost the morale of the kids and parents who paid to have their kid on an elite team that wins. It sucks running into those teams at tournaments, but there's no consistent way to stop it. On rare occasion you'll have a tournament refund a team their entry fee and ask them to leave if they're clearly dominant, but I've only seen it happen once in my 12 years of being a hockey parent.

anon
are both tier 1 teams. The Boston Jr Terriers Elite team and the Cheee****waga Warriors (Last year's top Buffalo Regals team). How is this allowed? If there are no rules, why doesn't mid fairfield, gulls, or any tier 1 team declare themselves as tier 2 to sandbag and cheat to get a tier 2 trophy.
What a whiny bunch of losers. None of you know what you want.

On one hand you scream for years about "Elite" and nothing is "Elite" and nobody is gonna play pro hockey. Then finally an org on their own declares themselves "not elite" at a particular age group and all you do is whine whine whine.

On one hand high end tier2 teams are just as good as bad elite teams according to all you tier2 or tier1 whatever you want to call it but then when a bad elite team decides to play tier2 on a national level you cry cry cry.

Get a life.

HockeyDude
anon
are both tier 1 teams. The Boston Jr Terriers Elite team and the Cheee****waga Warriors (Last year\'s top Buffalo Regals team). How is this allowed? If there are no rules, why doesn\'t mid fairfield, gulls, or any tier 1 team declare themselves as tier 2 to sandbag and cheat to get a tier 2 trophy.
What a whiny bunch of losers. None of you know what you want.

On one hand you scream for years about "Elite" and nothing is "Elite" and nobody is gonna play pro hockey. Then finally an org on their own declares themselves "not elite" at a particular age group and all you do is whine whine whine.

On one hand high end tier2 teams are just as good as bad elite teams according to all you tier2 or tier1 whatever you want to call it but then when a bad elite team decides to play tier2 on a national level you cry cry cry.

Get a life.
Haha. Well said.

I am surprised people are still posting here. I thought everyone moved over to https://minorhockeytalks.com

Bobbert
I am surprised people are still posting here. I thought everyone moved over to https://minorhockeytalks.com
Let's talk about Top 2 Ranked Tier 2 teams!!!!!!