Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board

PLEASE NOTE
Use sensible names, do not be rude or abusive towards other users. This is not the place for an argument, exchange news and views ONLY. We do not do religion, propaganda, funny videos etc. NO ADVERTS.

Comments and views on here are not necessarily factually correct and user names are not exclusive. This is a public forum and anyone may post, the messages are not the views and opinions of the owner of Ruislip Online.

TIP: To open links RIGHT click and select "Open in new window"

This board is moderated from time to time
meaning your messages may be deleted without notice and for any reason.

Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Looking for the hospital I was born at
I was born in Ruislip in 1968 when my father was stationed in the UK. He was with the US Air Force. Looking for the hospital I was born in
Views: 3   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2024 6:06am
by Pauline Giese
Old codgers
I am not one of the old originals, but I used to be in on the conversations often. I can’t even remember names. There was one of many from Australia, who kept records of many of the happenings going on at the time.
Views: 63   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 29, 2024 6:48am
by Roy Cook
Talk on Polish Airforce in WW2 - Tuesday 21st November
RUISLIP, NORTHWOOD AND EASTCOTE LOCAL HISTORY Our next meeting The Polish Air Force in the West is on Tuesday 21st November 2023 at St Martins Church Hall, High Street, Ruislip. at 8pm. Our speaker is Richard Kornicki CBE, Chairman of the Polish Air Force Me...
Views: 61   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 21, 2023 12:36am
by Derek larkin
Rich and Famous of Ruislip
You must add the famous Memory Man Leslie Welch to your brilliant Rich and Famous of Ruislip. Full biographical details can be obtained at www.JohnBarber.com. John is a writer and has written a super article on this amazing character. I believe Leslie lived in Kingse...
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 25, 2023 11:15am
by Mike Taub
DM
Looks like OPTIMUM GYM in Ruislip Manor has closed
As I was walking past yesterday, I noticed a hastily made sign in the window saying that they were closed, will not be reopening and for members to cancel any direct debits with their bank. All seems rather sudden - the website is still up and running and offering...
Views: 183   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 3, 2023 6:50am
by Stuart
Here and there
You came here from there, because you didn’t like it there, and now you want to change here to be like there. You are welcome here, only don’t try to make here like there. If you want to make here like there, you should not have left there in the fist place.
Views: 122   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 3, 2023 9:02pm
by Derek larkin
Old Codgers
How many of the old codgers are still around ??
Views: 638   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 1, 2023 9:07pm
by Tim
Looking for
Looking for an old school friend, Mike Bulman, his dad was an insurance agent, lived on Victoria Rd
Views: 122   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2023 3:58pm
by Derek larkin
Lost contacts
trying to find two old friends, from years ago:- Roger P West, must be in his '70's' now. last heard of, working in the Spare sparts dept., Priors Motors, Ickenham. (Sister Josie) my wife, Margaret, would love to hear from him. Andrew Hicks, south ruislip bel...
Views: 144   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 21, 2023 1:10pm
by old friend searc...
Woolworths Store - Ruislip High Street
Hello, are there any previous Woolworths employees - Ruislip High Street store (post-1970), or anyone who worked or lived nearby the store? Who can please help us with some information? We are looking for someone to advise us on how Woolworths received their deliveri...
Views: 265   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 3, 2022 10:31am
by Niki
Black History Month @ Perivale
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/black-history-month-perivale-tickets-451093120667 Sharing this event a friend is hosting in the area with great speakers and open mic for sharing. For sharing is caring. Healing drumming, arts and crafts, fashion and Artworks plus hand...
Views: 75   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2022 12:23pm
by Anil
The Greatest Fireworks Show at McGovern Park 4th November
On Friday 4th November Veritable Venue Management will be hosting their annual family fireworks display at McGovern Park. Gates open at 4.30pm where you will be greeted by stilt walkers, a bubbleologist, snake charmer and funfair rides. You can get your face painted...
Views: 74   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2022 12:44pm
by Natalie Hostombe
Derek&auline
We were married in Emmanuel church 67 years agp
Views: 146   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 9, 2022 10:42pm
by David Horn
Name on previous post
Name should read Derek Larkin. Used to live on Torcross Rd, now in California.
Views: 139   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 15, 2022 8:36pm
by Derek Larkin
Master cutler
In my days at Ruislip Gardens I remember the master cutler train going through on it's way to Sheffield at 6.30pm. Does it still run? Used to watch it on my way to cubs.
Views: 306   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 20, 2022 8:39am
by Peter O'Brien
David Levene/Car Rental Agencies
I am the sister of David Levene, whom some of you may remember as being a fairly frequent poster on this site. For those who may not know, David sadly passed away last November. I plan to visit the Ruislip area later this year from the U.S. and will be taking the tra...
Views: 172   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2022 8:07pm
by doreenshinn@gmai...
Message boards
How to find different ruislip Facebook groups and memories was easy to find but cannot access anything like it now what's happened pleaxe
Views: 355   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 4, 2022 12:17pm
by Philip Duerden
Bishop winnington Ingram school fireworks night Sunday 7th November 4pm
BWI Parents Association fireworks night Sunday 7th November from 4pm. At BWI school field off the alley way between Sharps Lane and Bury Street. DJ, Bar, BBQ, candy flop, popcorn, glow stuff A great display by all star fireworks and sponsored by Gibson Honey an...
Views: 181   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 31, 2021 4:14pm
by Holly kearns
McGovern Park Fireworks Display Friday 5th November
TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW for the annual family fireworks display at McGovern Park. This year we will have another massive display from multi award winning Phoenix fireworks, Fairground rides, Fire shows, stilt-walkers, live music in the Emerald Rooms from Slim Attract...
Views: 168   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2021 2:53pm
by Natalie Hostombe
A new start for the message board
The old message board had a problem, so we now have a new one!! Post away
Views: 462   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 12, 2021 12:33pm
by Philip Duerden
Free Forum powered by Bravenet