Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board

PLEASE NOTE
Use sensible names, do not be rude or abusive towards other users. This is not the place for an argument, exchange news and views ONLY. We do not do religion, propaganda, funny videos etc. NO ADVERTS.

Comments and views on here are not necessarily factually correct and user names are not exclusive. This is a public forum and anyone may post, the messages are not the views and opinions of the owner of Ruislip Online.

TIP: To open links RIGHT click and select "Open in new window"

This board is moderated from time to time
meaning your messages may be deleted without notice and for any reason.

Forum: Ruislip And Ickenham Online Community Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Street Lights

I like them. We have a mixture of new and old up towards the top of Eastcote and Northwood Hills area.

They're certainly not needing to be so high any more, as they diffuse the light over a larger area and only downward. I'm not sure whether bright white is the best colour. Thinking of snow or icy conditions that are bound to come during the lifetime of these lights, 'might' make them very dazzling. But I've no personal experience of white LED lights on snow or ice to draw on however.

But I have noticed that somebody has taken it upon themselves to stick A4 sized sheets of paper expressing views of dissatisfaction with the new lights. The lights are bright enough to read them. And the white light means that all the bits printed in red ink are also legible. (Couldn't have read it under the old orange lights.) I'm suspicious of the motives of whoever is putting these up. They're all stuck up over Eastcote and Northwood Hills with the same silver gaffer tape and make pretty profound statements that would appear to come from residents groups. But it's wording is not something I would expect to see from any group. Also no groups are named. I've picked up quite a few that have been torn off the lampposts and lying around on the pavement.

As there's no name, group or website to contact I treat these as anonymous whinging from an sole individual. They go in the bin as litter when I find them on the ground.

Re: New Street Lights - by Onthetube - Sep 3, 2017 12:57pm
Re: New Street Lights - by Anthony - Sep 4, 2017 12:55pm
Re: New Street Lights - by Onthetube - Sep 4, 2017 4:04pm
Re: New Street Lights - by JohnB - Sep 5, 2017 1:14am