Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trolling----Help!

I had one of those plastic pieces of s___ years ago and had the same problem.
If you use a bucket (as I do) cut a circle in the bottom of the bucket (it actually makes the drag greater) There's an extruded circle (about 2 " in diameter) molded in the bottom already. I just used it as a pattern & cut it out with a jig saw. Also, I got clever and put a nylon strap handle screwed to the outside of the bottom (I doubled the strap and sewed some closed cell foam inside) that way when the bucket gets pulled in (as in- when I get 'a good one' on) the metal handle pulls the open end of the bucket down and the foam handle tips the bottom up so it's easy to grab! & it comes right out of the water w/o a fight or having to wait for the bucket to drain!
Some folks have trouble steering w/ just one bucket, I put a couple of small hooks on the top of my old Evenrude's motor cover and run the rope to the bucket in between. It keeps the bucket centered to the boat and I found it actually helps in a wind keep the bow to the wind. I have an lot of Alum boat out of the H20 and in the wind.

All the BEst

Gary