Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: School Days ...

LOL Hey there M.T, Don't ya just love it when then kid's come up with stuff like that LOL My Daughter does it all the time Usually around a bunch of people though Funny thing is, if she'd of been with ya she would have probably caught them with nothing on her hook LOL Take CAre God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!

Re: School Days ...

Most likely the fish you were trying to catch were suckers.. They don't bite they just sit there like dummys.. Don't feel bad many a fisherman try to back the sucker this time of year.. I think that's where they got there name..

jay

Re: Re: School Days ...

MT, if you were fishing where I think you were... those were suckers. They've been there a couple days now. Try fishing 10 feet behind them with a single white salmon egg. It'll look just like a sucker egg and thats what those rainbows and salmon are eating right now. Smallll hook and single split shot works great...

Re: Re: Re: School Days ...

I remember a few years ago when I had the "Salmon P Wiggle", a 14' Duranautic, My son Mark and I tied the boat to some Alders (before they cleared it all out) where the river enters Silver Lake. Right off the stern was a deep hole that held a huge school of Salmon. We could see them clearly. That day they were hitting! All we had to do was drop a crawler down and BANG! And we would have a Salmon. We caught 14 of them before they wised up. I'll never forget it!

Re: Re: Re: Re: School Days ...

Guys I'm not a donkey. I definately know the difference from a sucker and a Salmon. The water was clear as can be and these were without a doubt Salmon.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: School Days ...

Hey M.T., LOL i was gonna leave a post earlier and say that but i figured you would LOL Did sound kind of funny though LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Dave!!!