Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Squam report

The boy, Chris is my son John's (the Bass man) boy, lookms like he might be a chip off the old block, his Dad that is.

The little girl Stella is one of David's 3 adorable girls, love all the grand kids to pieces. It's quite a kick to see them catch a Bass, I think enjoy it more than them. They do tire and get bored quickly however if there are no bites, but normally we can find a hungry Bass real easy for them, size is no matter.

John S.

Re: Re: Squam report

Thanks, I'll try Purple Copper next week too.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Squam report

John,
Are you able to get your boat under the bridge to Big Squam????? The Lake went up another 5 Inches this week end, but did go down a little today.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report

Very close, it was worse coming back in Sunday than when I went out. I use the guage sometimes, but my best indicator are the drain holes under the bridge, if I can see them at all on the Walters Basin side, I'm OK. If they are just about covered with water I have about 4" clearance. The last two steel girders going into the channel from Little Squam are the killers, they are allot lower than the others and when it's tight we have to stay to the left going out, hug the wall and I'm OK. I really feel sorry for anyone with a standard top, they have to loweer it in and out these days to be safe..

I got caught once so I had the new top made 8" lower than the original top. I talk with the guy that controls it when I ave a problem or concern, of course he acts on orders from powers above.

Here is a web site that moniters the Lake height hourly. http://www.des.state.nh.us/rti_home/
I also have the e mail address of the guy that controls the ****s, etc. When I get nervous, I check it out on the web site before I come up.

It was 562.88 feet above sea level Sunday, subtract 550 from that and you get the Lake height under the bridge which was 12.8, 12.5 is full Lake, so it was about 4" over full Lake.

Did you get ot last weekend, how did ya do ????? I think the fishing or should I say catching is improving some. Each day it got a little better for us last weekend.

Today should be a great day, new moon, hope you were able to get out ?

Do you have a Marine radio ???

John S.

John S.