Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Loosing fish ??????

Detillos up to Burlington. I only have a few (dozen) left or I would give you some. I'll see if I can find you some.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Loosing fish ??????

Thanks, let me know what I owe you if you can get some, no rush..

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Loosing fish ??????

owner used to make an extremely light wire treble hook that would stick to anything. when i first started fishing with 4 pound mono i spooled up only with the 4 pound. with all the stretch in the line i lost lots of fish til i changed the trebles over. havent seen those hooks in a long time, but those would work well with the db's if they could be found

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Loosing fish ??????

Might try the single hook... I found a couple good internet suppliers of bulk spoon blanks, hooks and other hardware. I got trebles from the following company (Stamina)--

URL: http://www.upnorthoutdoors.com/stamina/main.html

I like the idea of the light wire hooks, but the marine grade Eagle claw trebles seem pretty good and they set nicely first time I tried out my homemade "Hincebread" lures with the trebles. I'm also doing what John reported, that being to tighten my drag on the 'rigger lines until there is a release and backing off if needed when fighting the fish.

Re: Loosing fish ??????

hi john
i like a single hook vmc is what i like to you on my lures they are wide gap hooks.
The size i you is 2 or 1.0 and on the fish you are geting i would you a 2.0. if you would like i can give some to try
need address jim

Re: Re: Loosing fish ?????? Poll on hooks.

I use DB's, Top Guns, Smelt Guns, the Suttons have welded rings so I wont mess with them I'll just buy them with single hooks from now on.

We might as well take a poll of sorts, as of now it seems the single hooks seem to be favored for les lost fish and less harm to the fish. I use 95% treble as I allways felt 3 barbs are better than one, but now you guys have me wondering ?????? Let's hera it from more of you, single or treble ????

Of course I have a few hundred spoons to change them on if they work out, I'll try a few and then over the winter I'll change the rest. I really have no problem with single hooks, some of the biggest Salmon we have caught have been on Streamers (singles) with # 6 hook

What I will really need is the address for a source should I want to change them all over.

John Sampson
15 Winsor Rd
Billerica, Ma 01821