Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: evening fishing

I hail from Haverhill. and like you I don't buy my Ma licenses either.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: evening fishing

Hey fellas,
I didn't know that fish had a time limit of feeding.
Mornings are the best, by far, for 99% of the time. But evening fishing when it cools off is also hot.
When fishing all the derby's that I do, I neve come off the water until well after dark. I have caught some really nice fish late afternnon, dusk. Ontario is a good example also. We keep right into the kings right up until its dark. You need to use the whites/glows when it gets that way, but evening fishing has been very very good to me......

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: evening fishing

Until I starting coming to this board and learning from all you early-bird special pros, a lot of my best fishing has been late afternoon - dusk. Some guys who fish for trout down in reservoirs down here in NY are almost exclusive dusk-dark guys.

Like many, if not most people, getting up at 4 am or earlier is a little unatural and takes effort. But the results I get have made it worth the effort and I do enjoy "waking up on the water."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: evening fishing

Like Popeye said they are not limited to what times they eat so when I'm fortunate enough to have a whole day and they aren't on the feed first thing then I leave them and do other things (lunch, swim, fish for perch...something) and then try them again later on.......sooner or later they'll get hungry.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: evening fishing

im over in methuen ma on forrest lake, i still get my liscense. my house is the camp over my right shoulder with the rock foundation. i still find it fun to get out the 3 wt bamboo and see what they been putting in the lake : )