Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: leader question

On my leadcore set-up I only run the length of the rod for leader, using a #14 bbswivel tyed from my mono to the leader, I've not run into that problem only if i have a diffective swivel and i use 10# yozuri hybrid flurocarbon for my leader and i love the stuff really strong or should i say i haven't had any problems with it But then again What do i know I still consider myself a "Rookie that's getting better LOL" Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: leader question

these are on dr rods i use eagle claw swivels #14 the brass ones are they junk? I buy them cause they will fit into the reel.im guessing i should shorten up to 6-7 ft and buy a higher quality swivel.thanks for the help

Re: Re: Re: Re: leader question

Them's the one's i use LOL and when they don't have any BB swivels in stock I'll buy the regular clip swivels and cut the clips off with a small pair of cutting pliers (Frenchman way of doing something LOL but it works LOL) Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North P.S. I haven't had any problems with them all season!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: leader question

ibooked a cabin on winni for the fitst two weeks of sep im going to expirement with spider wire leader im going to color it blue with a sharpie.i switched to spider wire when it came out and never planned to use mono again that was bass fishing though. i still use it with the just a mono leader.