Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

Only teasin ya Dave, yu have to be a better hunter than fisherman,LOL. There I go again, just get me some steaks will ya.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I Swear I will not get the "DONKEY" nickname back UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH How dare you try to jinx me like that UGHHHHHHHHHH It took me almost all summer to get rid of that stupid nickname LMAO At least i learned a valuable lesson and i never touch anyone's DRAGS anymore LOL Just ask Adrien when he took me and my Dad out I kept telling my Dad "Don't touch the friggin Drag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" LOL Take Care God Bless and Don't worry I'll post pics when i get the beast LOL--- LOL Dave From up North

Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

hi dave
that doe new it was same.dave i was hunting a sew year back i had to go so bad left the gun at the stand and me over the bank with my pants down siting!!!!!!!!
when i heard this hell of a snort.
i look up saw nothing. then i heard it agin i pull up my pants and look back to see a big 8 points buck with is head down ready to attack.i started runing and got half way to my gun and slipped dowm the hill behind a fallin tree on the ground and that buck are on ass!!!!!! he tore up tree and the ground and then to add insult to me pee on tree and me!!!!!!!!!so dave you are not only donkey with a tail.
the lesson of day is never take a sit with out your gun
so keep a straight fase keep on hunting dave god bless jim ps.no beer bean or kielbasa the night be fore you got it dave.

Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

Got ya loud and clear Jim, Only 1-2 beers and some yummy Bean Hole Beans LOL Take CAre God Bless and Dream of 4/1/07 LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

Yea capt. got the call to go to work Thursday, Friday, some this past weekend, and today.......My phone goes off the hook at 1430 today!! No more work!!!
Kids have been seeing more than I have. Garrett saw a bunch all weekend. He got to see another good buck Saturday, but it was too late for him to shoot. I saw a little buck Saturday morning, was all I saw until the ride home.
Any snow yet Dave?

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

Actually in one of the Area's we hunt down in Randolph, (right by Six Gun City) if you know where that is? we had about 2 solid inches of snow in the area we hunt down there It was great we could see for a mile and it makes spotting deer so much easier. This was the first time we went down there since last season (Grandpa's old stomping grounds LOL) and from all the signs we seen the area is finally starting to get some deer back in there, this was the most sign we have seen down there in 10 years very encouraging. You say you love the groveton area? You would love this area and we found out yesterday for sure that we can use the 4 wheeler down there which makes it much easier for me with my legs. Met a new game warden to that area that checked our licenses and such and he was a very nice guy who talked with us for almost a 1/2 hour. Dad managed to push 3 deer across the trail (where i wanted to sit but Dad wanted me somewhere else UGHHHHHHHHH) so at least we had the deer going once again. You would love this area Big Woods and not alot of hunting pressure at all!!!!!!!! Just make sure you bring a compass LOL Take Care God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North P.S. if you ever want to come try this area give me a shout or email it would be me and Dad's pleasure to bring you hunting there!!!!!!!! Oh forgot to say one of the one's he pushed across the road was a MONSTER UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

Hey Popeye, your a real company man, but enough is enough, the mail will get through without ya.. By the way the new Fed/Ex contract has made my shipping problem go away, better than ever now.

Dave, Popeye and all,
You guys should be hunting with cameras, then you can take all the "shots" you want, seems like "allot of seein, but not much shootin", LOL. Everyone's waitin for the perfect deer, the perfect shot. Only teasing ya'll again. Had to eat Roast Beef yesterday, no game meat coming yet.

How long is the season anyhow, or does one season run to another and then another, etc. ?

Good Luck everyone,

John S.
"Still lookin at that **** boat in my driveway" (gotta move it soon)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Actually in one of the Area's we hunt down in Randolph, (right by Six Gun City) if you know where that is? we had about 2 solid inches of snow in the area we hunt down there It was great we could see for a mile and it makes spotting deer so much easier. This was the first time we went down there since last season (Grandpa's old stomping grounds LOL) and from all the signs we seen the area is finally starting to get some deer back in there, this was the most sign we have seen down there in 10 years very encouraging. You say you love the groveton area? You would love this area and we found out yesterday for sure that we can use the 4 wheeler down there which makes it much easier for me with my legs. Met a new game warden to that area that checked our licenses and such and he was a very nice guy who talked with us for almost a 1/2 hour. Dad managed to push 3 deer across the trail (where i wanted to sit but Dad wanted me somewhere else UGHHHHHHHHH) so at least we had the deer going once again. You would love this area Big Woods and not alot of hunting pressure at all!!!!!!!! Just make sure you bring a compass LOL Take Care God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North P.S. if you ever want to come try this area give me a shout or email it would be me and Dad's pleasure to bring you hunting there!!!!!!!! Oh forgot to say one of the one's he pushed across the road was a MONSTER UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

Well Captain Sampson, As of Wednesday ast least one of the Finn brothers is looking to get some meat. The perfect deer for me is one that is bigger than my Black Lab and is legal. That gets my freezer replenished and me back to duck hunting. Just got back from NY waterfowl hunting and I can tell you in all modesty that I killed ducks like it was my job n Sunday! I have never shot so well in my life. Wednesday AM, the ole 30.06 is hopfully going to bark it's life taking, widow making signal and then the dragging begins!
later
Throbbin Rods

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

Dragging UGHHHHHHHHHH the only ****ty part of hunting LMAO but that's what they make 4wd 4 wheelers for if you can use them where you hunt LOL That's the crappy part but those backstraps and tenderloin make up for it YUMMMMMMMMMMMMM oh can't forget the Heart and Liver with onions and bacon YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM even though i haven't shot one yet one of my good friends that hunts conn. is bringing me a liver and a couple small hearts Dang!!!!!!! I can't wait deer liver is one of my favorites YUMMMMMMMYYYYYHYY Take CAre God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

Go for it.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

My honda goes to where ever they are, don't matter, I'm there, I'll log, build bridges,blast ledge, skid out timbers if I have to, but the only drag this cat is doing is dragging traffic down the road on the way home!! Bro, need a honda???LOL!!!!
See ya Wed am your spot is the power line for opener Dan and I will be above you, and the G man is sitting in nose bleed...God he has grown up. Kicked me out of my opener stand that I have had since Christ was a private! he should enjoy that when the pumpkin army strikes at dawn!!!

Out a work!! No phone messages, calls, cell is in the off mode. Call me at home if anyone wants me.
Dave,
I would love to come up for a day and get into the white stuff when it comes, if I don't get any.
I think the mts. you speak of is close to the PO? I Think Bill and I have discussed it...(I think Its close)

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

All done. 127lb. 6 pointer . Off to NY next weekend for duck and goose action! Good luck to all - both smokepole and centerfire folks!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

Whitewing, where in NY are you going? I just got back last night from the Hilton/Spencerport/Clyde area, we killed ducks like it was our job! Hunted with Webfoot outfitters, good folks.
later
Throbbin Rods

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

Leaving on 11/17/06 for watertown. Hunting with Bill Saiff - seaway waterfowl professionals. We went out last year and and had a hunt for the ages! Better than any show you've ever seen. Went out in Sept. for resident canada goose season and had outstanding hunt . Can't wait to hit the road!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

Congrats Whitewing!
Good Luck to those going out for opener of firearms!
Went to Maine again for Mon/Tues....no vension but I did see some more doe and we were hunting on snow. Had a great time with Trav and a buddy who went with us for the first time. Arrived home last night to find several deer on my lawn and a wife asking me with a smile, why I am having a hard time getting one and driving to Maine, NB and Pittsburg!! As I start to explain the allure of the "big woods" she (as she also likes to hunt and even shot one of those local deer several years ago while I was in Northern NH!) tells me she understands! Gotta love that lady!
We are off to NB for hunt next week and then to Pittsburg area for Thanksgiving week. Will let you know how we do.
Good Huntin'

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

Gee ya wouldn't by chance want to adopt a 35yr old kid would ya???????? LMAO Sounds like so real good fun times I do know for sure nothing beats being with my Dad in the woods (No Wife, no nagging, no cell phone God the list goes on and on LOL) November is probably one of my favorite months of the year, as its the only real quality time i get to spend with Dad, If we get a Deer that's a bonus!!!!!!!! Otherwise it's just the serenity of being in the woods that i LOVE!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North P.S. Lets see one of those HUGE Deer from Ole. Canada!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Second Sat. of Smokepoling!!!!!!

th of where you are going. Geese were not overly cooperative but we killed ducks like it was our job. Best Duck hunt I have had other than Stuttgart Arkansas. Where do you hunt around here? We do the CT River and some local ponds and lakes as well as many cornfields.
later
TR