Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tiller !!

Thanks charlie I have 3 batteries on the boat so I should have plenty of power I only paid $1000 for my kicker(9.9 4 stroke)new I got a good deal on it so I'm not complaining but I wish it had charging abilty but heah it sure beats OARS.Thanks for the info.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tiller !!

wow good ideas I have a fiberglass 21 foot walk around what size do i need for it ? Also anyone heard about the new evinrude e tec ? I would like to match my existing motor .Youve got to match right?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tiller !!

Jeff I have a 140 suzuki and a merc kicker It's not necessary to match motors.If you want to match to look good nothing wrong with that Both of my motors are black so they look alike.I wouldn't go any smaller than 9.9-10 hp I have a 19 foot Lund and top end speed with my kicker is 6 MPH but it's just right for my boat I have had it in all types of water so I can get home in any type of weather.Just make sure you get a size that will do the same for your size boat.I would also go with a 4 stroke so you don't have to mix oil and gas plus you can tap into your gas line for your main motor.I'm by far no expert.But just my 2 cents.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Tiller !!

I have the Troll Master and it's great i have been on other boats with controll king and didn't notice any major difference between them.

for a 21 fiberglass you want a 9.9 or a 15 i wouldn't go smaller but you could troll with a 5 although i bet you would be revving it up pretty high to troll over 2 mph, and probably have poor control going into the wind.

I have an E-Tec 250 for main power and it's great. I don't think they make e-tec's below 30 or 40 hp.
And they are 2 strokes and 2 strokes don't like running at idle for the whole day even though these particular 2-strokes are amazing engines. And like erbyjoe said you have to mix your oil and gas and have a seperate tank for that motor. Your main engine is oil injected so your gas tank is unmixed and you can "tee" your line right to your 4-stroke kicker with no problem and no extra gas tank or hassle.