Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Trailer Bearings

Well as far as trailors bearings...i dunno we just lower the old mans boat into the lake and off we go..as for tat's ..well i have a about 5..so i'm all for em..But the real question here is ...Who's on board for thirsty Thursday come May 15th @ Good ole Patricks

Re: Trailer Bearings

Do yourself a favor and pull off the wheel the cap cottor pin, washer and front bearing. Than slide off the hub. Clean up the front bearing with a rag and Use brake clean to finish her up than inspect the bearing. now check the seal on the back of the hub for wear. If its worn at all snap off the rear seal and now your rear bearing will pop out clean the same way as the front one, Check the races now in the hub after you clean her up and brake clean the livin s#%t out off it. If bearings look good all you need is the rear seal to replace. that can be tricky if your not carefull. I ended up with a complete set of bearing and hub tools from my buddy who works for matco tools and doing that job is a breeze for me, Saying goes right tool makes the job go easy. Here is a piece of mind I never had to do bearings on my great lakes boat only cleaning them like I explained and the only thing I replaced were the seals and repacked the bearings once a year due to the fact I tow likE crazy........ Hope this helps

C.C.

Re: Re: Trailer Bearings

Thanks guys great stuff!! W-Fat
As Will Sonnet use to say, No brag just fact.