Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: electric winch

Just drive it on

guess you don't have any experiance with a roller trailer, you can't just drive it on.

Not sure why it would be a problem. I have a roller trailer and drive it right on to within a foot of the clip. No problems.

JR, are you fishing this weekend.

Big John

Try contacting Gray Ghost (Gus) He has a great set up.

Louis

I have a 21ft lund sportsman that i
dive onto a roller trailer.

I don't have a roller trailer but I can imagine trying to drive it on the trailer up a steep boat ramp all alone could be a problem. As a matter of fact I have seen a guy w/ roller trailer at a ramp start backing down after un hooking at the bow loop only to have the boat roll right off the trailer!!!!!

My 21'er is on a roller trailer... I rarely power load the thing, but still do minimal winching. I back the trailer in so that the back set of rollers are just barely breaking the surface of the water and drift the boat on with the help of a looong rope. I get the bow within a foot or two of the winch, hook onto the bow eye and in just a few cranks its tight to the winch stand. Quick and easy, even when I'm alone.

I was always told you should take no more than two minutes at the ramp. That time limit helps keep the line moving along and no one gets testy. LOL. I would think an electric winch would slow the process down instead of speed it up, no?