Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TUNA It's whats for dinner!

This was an awesome trip! Catching one of these guys is a total blast. I never turned one crank on the reel but being there and the adrenelin rush with this size fish on gets everyone on the boat involved clearing lines and such!
Fresh tuna is great table fare as well as some nice sushi which we ate ate dock as we prepared fish for trip back home.
Labrador Charters and Capt. Don Campbell are top notch and would not hesitate to recommend.
We also caught a bunch of stripers after we had tuna in boat.
Now I know why C.C. and the rest of you guys like the salt so much!

All I can say is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richard

Nice BFT and great trip! What a fishery this is right off our coast. Have been taking the Talewalker offshore from the Cape - have done great on keeper bass but luck has been spotty on tuna. Went out sunday and went 0 for 2 on fish that broke off after long fights (heartbreaking). Did manage a nice 62" BFT 2 weeks ago after being skunked for tuna the previous 4 trips. It's phenomenal eating. Only problem is trailering between the Cape and the camp at Winni which is a real PIA! Had a flat on the trailer on the way home last weekend...not fun...

We trailer down to Glouchester, from there it is about 13 miles to the northwest corner of stellwagon and about 30 miles out to the southwest corner.

We have been out 3 times for tuna, have caught 2 both about the same size. One on the northwest and one on the southwest (about 5 miles off Provincetown).

It truly is awesome out there, the amount of life you see is incredible.

Mike P

WOW Trav.......nice fish!!!!! Glad to hear that you both had a great time but also that you are busy on lake winni. Take care and straight lines
Tom

Sure you guys - post pictures like that while I am stuck in a conference room in Boston for 10-12 hours a day. Nice Fish!!! How many sammiches can you make out of one of those bad boys LOL?
Later
Throbbin Rods

Hey Bill, Check your personal messages on the hunting site we belong too. Left ya a message about something. Take Care God Bless LOL Dave

tuna are amazing.
you can not even believe how hard they hit.
the reel you swear is going to explode.
we got a 580 lb. a few years ago. it was amazing..
and was worst 10,000 to the boat owner..