Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This is Interesting??

our group talked with f&g on saturday.did not talk so much about the spring derby as we did the winter derby.his biggest concerne was the practice of catch and release hurting the fish more than anything else.also why do we fish for rainbows in the winter derby,when they are crucing the same spots as salmon.right under the ice .make the winter derby a lake trout derby like it once was and we will stop catching so many salmon through the ice

golfer
our group talked with f&g on saturday.did not talk so much about the spring derby as we did the winter derby.his biggest concerne was the practice of catch and release hurting the fish more than anything else.also why do we fish for rainbows in the winter derby,when they are crucing the same spots as salmon.right under the ice .make the winter derby a lake trout derby like it once was and we will stop catching so many salmon through the ice

I agree

golfer

Not being an ice fisherman I hesitate to comment, but of course I will. Making the Derby more for Lakers, Cusk and White Perch, etc. makes allot sense, you can't do much to hurt those native species.. Allot of the ice fisherman I know that normally troll for Salmon,etc. fish for mostly Perch in the winter ???

The state record Salmon comes out of a lake that does not allow ice fishing, but that could never happen on the bigger Lakes and shouldn't. Many folks live all year waiting for ice fishing, like many of us do for open water fishing..

Big John