Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Addresses for Letters and e mail to Fish and Game and next Comissioners meeting info.

John Sampson,
Do you know of a way to start a formal online petition that people could sign supporting the NHSA proposal? Unfortunately, having a rules meeting on a Weds. afternoon in April is going to exclude a lot of concerned anglers from voicing their opinions due to their work schedules. We can all voice our personal opinion through e-mail/letters to F&G but sometimes speaking in person has a bigger impact. I don't want F&G thinking that a lack of attendance at this meeting means that people don't care because it's fairly obvious we do! If the NH Guides Association can propose 1 rod per angler, than those who are vehemently opposed to it should be able to have a voice or say in the process. It's not realistic to think that a lot of people will take a day out of work to attend this meeting in April. However, I'd be willing to bet that you could get hundreds to sign a petition against the 1 rod per angler proposal and in support of the NHSA propsal. I've seen petitions on the VT. site before regarding lamprey control and I'm pretty sure NHSA could start one as well. Remember, there is power in numbers! Let us know if this is possible and thanks again for all the leg work you guys have done; it doesn't go unnoticed.

Chris

Re: Addresses for Letters and e mail to Fish and Game and next Comissioners meeting info.

I think making proposals of rod's per angler or rod's per boat or anything other than starting at current law is a mistake. Why are we or the guides suggesting giving something up before F&G even opens the Comment session of their process !!!! I might be missing something here but it seems a little premature the way I read Liza's post.

Online Petition makes a huge amount of sense to me to Chris. I hope NHSA can make this happen !!

You need to be aware that the F&G Commission Meeting on April 21 is not the Public Hearing for comment on fish rule proposals it is the regular monthly meeting. Once a public hearing is scheduled the date and time will be published. As in past years the public hearing is scheduled to begin during the evening hours to accomodate those who work during the day.

Steve Perry
You need to be aware that the F&G Commission Meeting on April 21 is not the Public Hearing for comment on fish rule proposals it is the regular monthly meeting. Once a public hearing is scheduled the date and time will be published. As in past years the public hearing is scheduled to begin during the evening hours to accomodate those who work during the day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, we needed them to hear you say that.

John S.

To Steve Perry
I appreciate the fact that this hearing will be held in the evening hours. I was hoping that was the case, since all of the waterfowl hearings I attend are also evening events. Can you give us an idea of a typical agenda, ie: are there announcements, discussion, is discussion solicited from the public in attendance? In other words, will we be able to comment on the proposals on the table and will there be enough time for all to do so who wish to before a vote/decision?
Thank you very much for taking the time to post on this board - as you no doubt already know we are very interested in the process and how we can affect the outcome.
Regards
Bill Finn

The process the Department follows for proposed changes to fishing rules is in accordance with state statute RSA 541-A. Under RSA 541-A:11 Public Hearing and Comment. –
I. Each agency shall hold at least one public hearing on all proposed rules and shall afford all interested persons reasonable opportunity to testify and to submit data, views, or arguments in writing or, if practicable for the agency, in electronic format, in accordance with the terms of the notice and the provisions of this section.

chris
John Sampson,
Do you know of a way to start a formal online petition that people could sign supporting the NHSA proposal? Unfortunately, having a rules meeting on a Weds. afternoon in April is going to exclude a lot of concerned anglers from voicing their opinions due to their work schedules. We can all voice our personal opinion through e-mail/letters to F&G but sometimes speaking in person has a bigger impact. I don't want F&G thinking that a lack of attendance at this meeting means that people don't care because it's fairly obvious we do! If the NH Guides Association can propose 1 rod per angler, than those who are vehemently opposed to it should be able to have a voice or say in the process. It's not realistic to think that a lot of people will take a day out of work to attend this meeting in April. However, I'd be willing to bet that you could get hundreds to sign a petition against the 1 rod per angler proposal and in support of the NHSA propsal. I've seen petitions on the VT. site before regarding lamprey control and I'm pretty sure NHSA could start one as well. Remember, there is power in numbers! Let us know if this is possible and thanks again for all the leg work you guys have done; it doesn't go unnoticed.

Chris

If needed and I say if, we will get people, if they can take a day off to go fishing mid-week, they can do it for a better cause, it aint over ti it's over.

We dont need an army at that meeting, it's the Proposal hearings and I believe they are at night.

John