Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: i think this is it!!! someone please help me

First of all, let NOONE belittle you into thinking you CANT do it on your own. Get yourself together and start preparing to take care of yourself and your children. Put money back if you can and save it here and there. Enlist the help of friends and family if you have to. Also remember that while not ideal, there are places to help people that are going thru divorce and that have children, maybe a church, or some sort of subsidized housing authority, thats what its there for. I am not saying to spend the rest of your life on welfare, but for the mental stability of yourself, I would recommend that you try to get out. That is mental abuse and control. I am not suggesting that it will get worse, but I will say that men that like to have that much control over a situation usually have more in store at a later date. Get your head together, there are jobs that you could do with out a GED I am sure, some places will even help you get it. Also your local department of family services or social services office will help you go thru school, and help some financially with cash assistance, or food stamps. like I said, it is a temporary solution to help you get on your feet, and a court will make him pay child support based on his income. (while thats not always effective as my ex is 10K behind) Do the best that you can and make the best of what is out there and offered to you as a support system. Depending on how long you have been married, there is alimony and also if he has 401K or any other pensions, the best bet is to ask the advice of a lawyer, and see if there is a type of legal aide that can help. Most courts in divorce hearings if people can decide together on what is settled will have a poverty form and you wont have to pay for the court to settle the divorce. I wish you the very best on your journey, and remember you are not alone, there are women every where faced with the same issues you are faced with and are struggling to find the same answers you are. Good luck!